AMD 9500 CPU temps

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Hi,

I was wondering what decent temps are for the CPU on a AMD quad core 9500.

I have 2 case fans. A puller on front and pusher on back. A CPU fan that came with the AMD CPU of course.

I was told that CPU temps should stay below 50C. Mine runs 52C at a 0-1 percent PC load according to the ASUS and CPUID software I tried out.

One person recommended I run Prime95 to test underload. My CPU got to 100% and at the temp of 64C after about 25 minutes. I turned it off at that point just to be safe....

I always ran stock PC's bought off the shelf before, so I am not sure. Thanks

Make sure that the heatsink is FIRMLY on the chip.

Was there enough/to much thermal paste?

Make sure that the heatsink is FIRMLY on the chip.

Was there enough/to much thermal paste?

It was firm. I originally asked a question when I installed it because when I pushed down the bracket to lock it in place it felt really hard and I was concerned about the pressure.

The cooler came with a pre-installed thermal paste that looked like a small gray square.

I mounted the cooler exactly how they said in the book.

It said to place the cooler right on the CPU. There was a small square of silver "preinstalled thermal paste" they refer to. Then there was 2 brackets that go over 2 small brackets on the mother board. Then you turn a handle to lock it in place.

I thought it felt too tight when I installed it, but the people here on the forum said that the cooler is supposed to be tight because it has to make contact with the CPU to do its job right.

If I pull the CPU cooler off and reinstall it, I would have to do it later this week after I pick up some thermal paste.

One other question? When it is hot weather how much should your PC temps rise? or should they still stay cool because the fans are right on it?

Just found this guys post about adjusting voltage on AMD quad cores.

I tried his method and lowered my voltage to one above boot value like he suggested.

My is CPU now running at 48C just on the net. Load shows 0-1 %. So this did work a bit. Should I just get another cooler? Is it safe to mess with the voltage like this article recommended?

Back
Top Bottom