What are the cables called so that that I can connect laptop to HDTV?

i think my X200 has Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD how do i check? what do you mean how do i have things set up?

What is the EXACT model and type code (look underneath. It's an X200 *4 digit number* *3-4 character combo*. I need it to find the manual on Lenovo.

Try what 01001010 posted first. That's what I was trying to explain first with Display Properties. There's also usually an Fn + F(something) keypress that does it too. You just have to check. If you can't get it, then give the model numbers and I'll look in the manual. It shouldn't be this difficult though.

What is the EXACT model and type code (look underneath. It's an X200 *4 digit number* *3-4 character combo*. I need it to find the manual on Lenovo.

That's not relevant at the moment. I'm sure he's assuming it's all plug and play. Go through the instructions in the link I posted, and come back with your results.

That's not relevant at the moment. I'm sure he's assuming it's all plug and play. Go through the instructions in the link I posted, and come back with your results.

Yup you posted as I was writing that. I was going to look in the manual for the Fn keypress combination since he had no clue what I meant by Display Properties. But you saved the day with those instructions. That was kinda what I was going to explain, but I don't have anything on board to walk him through it :-|

i figured it out just by playing around with it, but I cant get it to do dual-screen. but that doesnt matter. all i had to do was right click my desktop. then go to graphics properties. then set it to single display, primary display i set that to montitor, then you go to display settings, and there i was able to change the resolution from 1280x800 to 1920x1200 (which fit my 52inch screen HDTV) now the only thing is now when I plug it into my TV, I am not able to see anything on my laptop, but that doesnt really matter, what im wondering is, how is my crappy video card able to play something with a resolution of 1920x1200. I thought it was gona be plug and play. but i guess not

I have another question/problem I wanted to connect my lenovo X200 to an OLD TV that only has an S-Video input so I bought a VGA to S-Video input, I have a problem though, because the cable that I bought is really short! and the S-video input is in the back of the TV so I thought i could use my VGA to VGA cable to connect that cable to this VGA to S-video cable to make it longer but I can't so what do i do? this is what i bought
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...01&cs_id=1040113&p_id=2509&seq=1&format=6#faq

Why can't you use your VGA to VGA cable? Does it not work, or does it not have the correct connectors? It should work just peachy. You could get an s-video cable extension I suppose...(they have larger sizes available.)

Do both connectors on the VGA connector look IDENTICAL? If they do, that's your problem. You'll need a M/F VGA extension. Not a F/F or a M/M.

Back
Top Bottom