What are the cables called so that that I can connect laptop to HDTV?

oh you mean with that little converter box thing ? that thing costs $$30 !!! there has to be something cheaper

Yeah, well, that's the only method I can conjure up. Ask Lenovo's official support forums for more help. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

k

another problem/question I just got my VGA and audio cables in the mail from monoprice.com I plugged them into the back of my HDTV and my laptop (im using the vostro 1400 right now) set the TV to "PC IN" but nothing happens, just a blank screen. is there something i have to set up on the PC? whats going on? when I play a movie, I only hear the sound on the HDTV. no video. (I do see the screen on my laptop though, but I dont hear sound on my laptop cause the sound is coming out of my HDTV)

Okay, well something isn't set up right on your lappy because your lappy monitor should go blank (iirc) if you are using an external monitor (or in this case, a TV). I'm not sure if you have onboard video or a dedicated card (nVidia or ATI), but you'll have to tell your laptop to output the video signal through the VGA port. If you have a dedicated card, it's fairly easy to switch to it (through nVidia or ATIs tools), if it's onboard, you should find something in the display properties(?).

i think my X200 has Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD how do i check? what do you mean how do i have things set up?

Back
Top Bottom