computer keeps restarting please help!!!

hagusmagagus

Beta member
hi everyone

I've been having problems with my computer restarting now for a while... I have tried everything but i think it comes down to being a hardware issue.... here's the problem..... it started all about 6 months ago my computer just randomly restarted while i was playing on it, but it became more frequent eventually it got to the point where i would log in to my computer account for 10 seconds and then it would restart over and over and over. i thought it was a virus so i had the computer restored, backed up and checked for viruses but still nothing. then i started to think it was hardware, so i replaced the psu but that didn't work. My computer guy added thermal paste to certain areas but that didn't work either. I also replaced the power chord and plugged it into a surge protector thinking it could be the outlet. Still it all didn't work..... i really don't know what to do at this point and i really wanna be able to use my computer but its been this way for the last 4 months can anyone help??

specs ( not the greatest)
dell dimension c521
amd athlon 64 2x duo processor 3800 plus
4gb ram
120 (atleast i think) gb memory space

appreciate the help thx!!!!!

Have you tried reformatting your HDD? Your dell should have come with CDs with windows and the drivers. Basically just wipe your hdd clean and install a fresh copy of windows and the drivers, update everything, and it should be good. This happened with my old hp desktop (windows would start up but then just keep restarting) and i just reformatted it and works just fine.

im just wondering tho did it become more frequent with your computer? anyway i haven' tried reformatting the HDD ill ask m computer guy i guess i dont know if i have those cd's your talking about tho =/ ill look

bump =D

Back
Top Bottom