60+ Degrees!

Hey my friends PC is having huge high temps and his PC is randomly shutting down
54779576.jpg

His PC is ontop of his desk in a open area, and it has 3 fans.

Would you recommend him to leave the side case open and would it be safe/harmless to do so?

You definitely have a problem if it's shutting down due to heat. I wouldn't run it till you have that fixed up. When you take the side off, make sure that your CPU fan didn't fail (aka, make sure it's spinning and dust-free). With that 5000RPM reading, something sounds fishing. I would imagine that thing would sound like a tank if it were truly running that fast.

Spend an hour removing the CPU heat sink, clean the CPU die and re-apply thermal paste and see if this resolves the temperature issue.

This.

why is one fan running drastically higher then the other. Even tho there both at 100% is that normal

Probably a case fan (the 1000 RPM one) that's plugged into the PWM socket on the MB. The 5000RPM is probably the CPU fan, I would guess. Although, I don't think I've seen a 5000RPM fan :eek: Could be an error reading the fan...

Clean out all of the dust out of it (if any) with a can of compressed air.

This. Or a vacuum WITHOUT A BRISTLED END (Bristled = Static = NOT GOOD). Or a good ol' air compressor works, too.

A lot of stock heatsinks come with small fans that are capable of winding up a storm. The motherboard just keeps them undervolted when things are cool.

A lot of stock heatsinks come with small fans that are capable of winding up a storm. The motherboard just keeps them undervolted when things are cool.

This is what I was originally thinking, but I haven't seen one quite that fast for a while. As long as it's working, that's the main concern.

Back
Top Bottom