ath9k with linux? having wireless troubles...

We are a little off topic but let me just explain the a little more about the Ubuntu, Debian thing. Ubuntu is downstream of Debian, that is to say that if it works on Debian it will work on Ubuntu. The difference with RHEL and Fedora are that Fedora is the Upstream OS and if it works then it gets brought to RHEL.

I am still looking from the output from the command
Code:
lspci -v | less
Cheers!

So i install fedora 11 on my laptop, and the wireless works flawlessly. So i guess it must be something with Ubuntu...so i'm just going to stick with Fedora 11 :)

thanks guys :)

So i install fedora 11 on my laptop, and the wireless works flawlessly. So i guess it must be something with Ubuntu...so i'm just going to stick with Fedora 11 :)

thanks guys :)

Sounds good. As long as you like Fedora, there's no reason not to use it :)

It's a bit odd that it didn't work properly in Ubuntu, though. Guess it's just one of those things.

Sounds good. As long as you like Fedora, there's no reason not to use it :)

It's a bit odd that it didn't work properly in Ubuntu, though. Guess it's just one of those things.

Yes i do agree...it is abit odd. Ubuntu usually works on pretty much all the laptops i've ever installed it on...except my newest this HP. Well Fedora 11 is nice, and i like it, i've used it in school for a long while...so i'll just stick with it for now...atleast until i hear something about ubuntu getting drivers for my wireless card.

Back
Top Bottom