first computer

Excuse me?

I'm joining in the banter. The ">.>" is supposed to indicate that. >.<

I work on the basis of whatever works for you is an appropriate choice, and whatever works best for you is the best choice. :)

foothead said:
LOL I was just joking, and yes I am also a mac user.

I just prefer debian. They really are all good in my book, its just my favorite.

I noticed. :p

I use different distros for different jobs, because there is no single distro that offers everything. :)

I use different distros for different jobs, because there is no single distro that offers everything. :)

Except debian.

JK I have fedora and ubuntu on my system also.

OP- You could just get a live CD version and try it out to see if you like it.

Yeah, I know. Just don't want to be associated with that kid.

:(

What do you have against me?
So what if we have different views on things? I just don't get it.

100_1299.jpg

this is the workstation i have setup, (the elephants headphones are the speakers)

100_1304-1.jpg

this is the case opened on the floor

100_1300.jpg

here are the slots on the motherboard

100_1306-1.jpg

the graphics card i bought

100_1307.jpg

close up on the slots

what interface are those? they fit in the AGP but only backwards

ps, i had ophcrack on a bootabe usb and i stuck it in and it turns out ophcrack also comes with Slitaz (a linux os i think) so i'm going to go on the internet using that and install what ever version of linux u guys recommend, only the problem is that i learned today the phone jack in my room dosent work, so we'll have to have a guy that lives down the street come fix it

The easiest way is to install windows first, then run debian installer.exe or wubi if you choose ubuntu. Shrink the windows partition and then make a linux one in the free space where you install.

if i do this how do i choose which one to boot from? when you say dual boot, do you mean, have both booted at the same time, or choose which one boots in the begining.

whats the difference's between debian, ubuntu, fedora, and mint???? (foothead dont say debian pwnz all the other ones)

edit: anyone??

Looks like PCI card to me. It sure doesn't look like an AGP card. And whatever you do, I don't care if it fits in there backwards or not, don't turn it on with it in the AGP slot backwards. Obviously there's something wrong if that's the case. Are you sure you didn't just try putting a little force on it when putting in the PCI slot? I just got a few brand new PCI cards and it took quite a bit to get them in.

That card is NOT PCI.
I can honestly say that I have no idea what slot it is, but I can tell you that ATI rage is a MACINTOSH card. It will not work in your desktop.

Dual boot is referring to a boot menu.
When the computer turns on, it will give you an option of which OS to boot into.

ok lol thats probly y, o and foothead, i'm in the process of installing debian now, looks great so far. jw, do you now the games that will work with it? also it turns out it has a 2x pentium 4 (dual cores, YUS) so thats a bonus.

so in the os that was in the USB i had, there was a system specs tool, so i ran it and it said the processor had two 3.0 GHz cores.

Back
Top Bottom