How much can i sell this new computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranos666

Solid State Member
Hey, i really need help on pricing my newly built custom pc. Can someone give me a how much its worth ?

Specs

Amd phenom II 955 BE- 3,2 ghz

Diamond hd 4890

4 GB G.skill DDr3

1 TB Hard drive

Vista ultimate 64 bit

1000w PSU

Nzxt Tempest case - 6 fans

Samsung DVD burner / lightscribe

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Hey thx for the answer but like its new should it not be more than what i paid for due to the labor?

It depends. If you are trying to sell it to a computer illiterate person, you may be able to get what you paid for it or slightly under. If it's a computer literate person, it's kind of like a value of a new car--as soon as you drive it off the lot, the value drops dramatically..even though it's only slightly used. I'd say 70-75% of what you paid for it possibly. But you should expect slightly lower. I know it's kind of a bummer, but that's just how the technology works. It's the same for lots of other technology items...music equipment and instruments, TVs, etc., etc.

Ah. And I'm not sure where you ordered from, but you can price it out here. This will give you a good indication of a starting point.

It depends. If you are trying to sell it to a computer illiterate person, you may be able to get what you paid for it or slightly under. If it's a computer literate person, it's kind of like a value of a new car--as soon as you drive it off the lot, the value drops dramatically..even though it's only slightly used. I'd say 70-75% of what you paid for it possibly. But you should expect slightly lower. I know it's kind of a bummer, but that's just how the technology works. It's the same for lots of other technology items...music equipment and instruments, TVs, etc., etc.

Ah. And I'm not sure where you ordered from, but you can price it out here. This will give you a good indication of a starting point.
Thanks for the answer. I was reallly not expecting to sell it for less then what i bought it for coz i saw ppl on ebay who manage to sell custom computers for way more than their part by part total value .
ps:i u can , look at this post on ebay i have the same new pc with more features (windows ultimate and 1000 psu)he is selling it for 1500
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Phenom-II-955-3-2Ghz-Quad-Core-AM3-Gaming-Computer_W0QQitemZ290329781837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item439900e64d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:200#ht_3109wt_1165

Thanks for the answer. I was reallly not expecting to sell it for less then what i bought it for coz i saw ppl on ebay who manage to sell custom computers for way more than their part by part total value .
ps:i u can , look at this post on ebay i have the same new pc with more features (windows ultimate and 1000 psu)he is selling it for 1500
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Phenom-II-955-3-2Ghz-Quad-Core-AM3-Gaming-Computer_W0QQitemZ290329781837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item439900e64d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:200#ht_3109wt_1165

lol then give ebay a go, it never hurts. who knows mayb you'l get more than you'll ask for

I will add that your computer specs you listed is missing a very important part to a whole lot of people: a video card. Most people that need that much power are most likely going to be doing something that is video intensive, such as gaming. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a difficult time selling it at a price you are looking for without a video card.

I will add that your computer specs you listed is missing a very important part to a whole lot of people: a video card. Most people that need that much power are most likely going to be doing something that is video intensive, such as gaming. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a difficult time selling it at a price you are looking for without a video card.

Diamond hd 4890

oh wow, fail on my part. I didn't pickup the HD 4890 number like I normally would if it was an Nvidia card. I haven't been keeping up with ATi's stuff ever since AMD bought them. That, I forgot about diamond's too. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom