Temperature Concern

Calibound88

Daemon Poster
I recently removed my stock e7300 heatsink

scrapped off the factory paste

applied new paste

i have made sure all the pins are fully pushed in

now its idling at 46 c and at load it can get up to 67

before that during the winter it would idle around 29 and at load get to low 40's

it is not overclocked

I reapplied the paste many times and temps would not change even tho I sometime applied different amounts of paste

i also upgraded to a 8800gtx from a 9500gt and it does increase the inside temperature of the case

should i be concerned about these temps or no?

I wanna resolve this problem before i leave for college

I recently removed my stock e7300 heatsink

scrapped off the factory paste

applied new paste

i have made sure all the pins are fully pushed in

now its idling at 46 c and at load it can get up to 67

before that during the winter it would idle around 29 and at load get to low 40's

it is not overclocked

I reapplied the paste many times and temps would not change even tho I sometime applied different amounts of paste

i also upgraded to a 8800gtx from a 9500gt and it does increase the inside temperature of the case

should i be concerned about these temps or no?

I wanna resolve this problem before i leave for college

I wouldn't be too concerned about the temps, I would look into a better cooling case though. 67 is a bit on the hot side for an E7300. Worst case scenario, invest into an aftermarket heat sink which should fix the problem anyways.

Double check your voltages and try a different reader for your temperatures (in Windows of course). Make sure no bios changes were made at all (doesn't hurt to check), if that doesn't work, get an aftermarket heat sink.

How much paste did you put on? This is about how much you need:
cpu2.jpg

About the size of a plump grain of rice or so.

:O SHIT. I like friggen pasted a layer of paste across the entire processor.

but when i placed less paste (a line down the middle) it seem to get into the 60 idle and 80 under stress

i guess i could try a grain of rice, but if i remember correctly, the paste on the heatsink seem to be much more than that

With the pressure from the heatsink on the CPU, a dab of TIM the size of a grain of rice is sufficient to cover the entire CPU. If you have any doubts. Put on the TIM, connect the HSF, then take it off and see if it was too much or not enough. Then clean it, and reapply appropriately.

Stock cooler?

Make sure all the push pins are properly home

Very good point. Intel stock coolers pale in comparison to AMD's. Intel ones with pushpins are VERY finicky. I've worked at one for over 10 minutes once. It was not very fun. AMD's on the other hand, is quite simple. Latch, latch, done.

Back
Top Bottom