Am I the only one...

I've asked my friends, and none of them seem to use any internet protection security either. It seems to me as if a person is more or less computer knowledgeable, they aren't really at a risk of a virus infection.

Yeah, seems a lot of people lack common sense too... 'click here for free xyz' 'you are 1,000,000 visitor'.

I tried going that route one time. It went well.

For all of 2 days on Win98. Major spyware attack. Never again will I run without antivirus. I had to wipe the hard drive to get it all off.

Who does not use any firewall/anti-virus software? I've been using my computer heavily for the past for years, and never once have I ever experienced any problems with spyware or malware.

I run a quick scan every three months or so, but they never show anything wrong.

Anyways, am I the only one that utilized a computer in that fashion?

I have Avast installed, but I never run any scans with it. I've had a computer of my own of some form for 6+ years (since 7th grade) and have never had any viruses or spyware except for one I can remember a long time ago..I think it was in 9th grade and it was after a friend decided he wanted to look at some high quality pr0n (aka, he decided to try and google for passwords to get on to those sites...getting a crapload of stuff on my computer in the process...). It replaced lsass.exe on my computer, so I had to go use the repair disk, go in to MS-DOS and manually copy it back over from the disk. It was actually my first time repairing a virus and I enjoyed the challenge so much, it was a big inspiration for starting my computer business. But anyways, back on track, other than that, I've never had a virus. I'll run MBAM every so often just to check, but nothing usually other than a cookie or too that I hadn't deleted yet that gets flagged.

so htose dont wrk?

LMAO, ask the dipsh** that has had me reinstall XP THREE TIMES IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS! His wife always clicks on them. There's no A/V in the world that protects against stupidity...:rolleyes:

Welcome back, Overlord. Seems like you're already encountered the onslaught of negative reputation.

I use AVG but set it to low priority and take off the tray manager. And it scans every Monday at 1pm.

Back
Top Bottom