ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce?

Yeah, 256 bit will give a good performance boost.
Amount of memory is important if you have a HD monitor, but if its lower-res, it won't make a big impact.

Okay, second question. Is there really a big difference between 128 bit and 256 bit? What about MBs (256K to 1 G), the more there is the less chance of "choking/stuttering"?

I guess that was question 2 and 3!
It depends what cards you are comparing. What is your budget, your monitor's resolution and your system specs?

So you are saying there could be a difference? Let's say the average gaming computer and spending about $100 for a card. Not sure what you mean by "what cards", ATI vs NVIDA maybe? As far as monitor, say 2560 x 1600.

ATI's HD 4850 is a little over your $100, but you could get it for about $120 I believe, another option would be Nvidia's line of GTS 250's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0380048 106793024&name=GeForce GTS 200 Series

Its not really about which brand is better, as WorshipMe stated, its about your Res and Budget

So you are saying there could be a difference? Let's say the average gaming computer and spending about $100 for a card. Not sure what you mean by "what cards", ATI vs NVIDA maybe? As far as monitor, say 2560 x 1600.
I think you are very confused :D

ATi and Nvidia are not cards, they are two brands developping a number of graphics cards for different price points and requirements. That is why it is impossible to say that one is better than the other.

NVIDIA GeForce for sure, i used to use ATI alll the time they are good cards but they always seem to get hotter than nvidia,so i switched and i wouldnt go back to ati!

Thanks for your input guys. I was going to buy an ATI but it looks like most of you prefer the Nvidia. I had a Nvidia but had a problem installing it and that is why I asked about ATI. I bought a Nvidia so I hope I don't have problems again.

Good night guys and pleasant dreams to all of you! :)

I prefer ATI to be honest.

I have a 8800GTS 640MB in my computer at the minute, but I really miss my Radeon 9700PRO, which was one of my first major graphics cards I bought, other than the Nvidia Geforce MX400 I had (lasted ages) :p

I'm wanting to get a 4870 1GB though at some point, but by the time I actually come to get one, another will probably be out that'll be a better mid range card.

I guess its a bit pointless though coming from me, because I find ATI has better support for 3D packages, where more than one 3D display has to display at once. I get flickering in menu's (menu's become invisible randomly) quite a lot.
Its not the drivers either, as I have updated in the past to no avail.

If you want more bang for your buck, I would go ATI. Again, like in your other thread, I recommended a 4870 if you could afford it; it was slightly over your $100 budget. If you can't grab that, like I said, second best in your price range is probably an nVidia 250GS that was slightly cheaper than the 4870. I always see it this way: get something good now so you won't have to upgrade for a while. That's the main reason why I recommended the 4870. They've really come down in price and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I'll be an ATI guy (but not a fanboy or anything) till nVidia can match ATIs price/performance ration (so strictly from a financial standpoint).

Back
Top Bottom