first computer

ddoes multimedia support mean it can run games?

pretty much all i would have to do is order linux (or is there something i could just dowload off the internet) pics in a sec

When I said multimedia support, I meant that it could play files such as MP3s, MPEGs, WMAs, WMVs, AVIs etc.

There are a number of native Linux games, but with Windows games it can be hit-and-miss. You can try running them in Wine, and many of them do work, but it really does depend. If you're a heavy gamer, I'd probably say that Windows would work out better for you, but Linux is always worth trying. And you can download practically every distribution off the internet. The link for Linux Mint I posted earlier, for example, will send you to their homepage. You can find the operating system in the download section :)

yesssss good point i'll do that i think, should i install windows or linux first?
whats the difference between the distros? what are some linux games (any links, i play mostly older games (since those are the only kind that will work on our crap laptop.

ps. how do you dual boot, do you need like windows virtual machine or what??

The easiest way is to install windows first, then run debian installer.exe or wubi if you choose ubuntu. Shrink the windows partition and then make a linux one in the free space where you install.

Back
Top Bottom