Car Thread!

Long story short -
I'm looking for an exhaust for my car. There are a bunch of options (for catbacks) ranging from $300-1500 (with respective quality & fitment). But, the dealers had a sale a few days ago clearing out old inventory, and sold a $700 exhaust for $200 each. Before almost anyone could jump on those though, one company bought out every last one, and is now selling them for $500 each.

Just venting :mad:
blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Might still pick one up for $500, who knows. It's the OEM sport exhaust "accessory" so I'm sure the fitment is perfect, and seems like it sounds pretty nice too, not too loud, but mean all the same.

Just so annoying. And a bunch of people on the board are like oh shutup guys that's the way business works quit whining...but they didn't get jipped out of $300 and most of us aren't filthy rich like some of the guys there (posting pictures of $8,000 bar tabs from one night).

The worst part is the moderators on the site are deleting any posts talking about this BS, and, the company that did it is a forum sponsor...hmm? A few guys got banned already.

Yeah...there are a couple Audi forums, audiworld, audizine, and quattroworld.
They're drama queens over there.
Basically audiworld was the big one, but they changed their layout which pissed off all the longstanding members, who left and that forum then went to sh*t. They then formed quattroworld, which has the most knowledgeable people, but they mostly discuss more specialty stuff.
I usually spend most of my time on audizine because they were removed from this stupid drama, and it's more of a "noob" forum so I learn a lot more of the basic stuff there than I would at quattroworld.

Anyway, I'm looking into a custom exhaust done locally now. I hear its cheaper and I can get it done exactly the way I want. Just need to find a good place.

Custom exhaust is a good way to go if they do good work. Lets you pick the muffler you want too.

6720_1140847480060_1193610835_30816854_5395336_n.jpg

Got a new truck, Jeep is gone.

Truck on the left is my chase partner's 2004 Trailblazer LT.

Truck on the right is my 2002 Trailblazer LT.

teh,, the Cherokee was probably a little better for storm chasing. The new Jeeps use these crappy Chrysler engines.
Then again, the Cherokee's were never very fast. Our '96 tops out at like 90.

teh,, the Cherokee was probably a little better for storm chasing. The new Jeeps use these crappy Chrysler engines.
Then again, the Cherokee's were never very fast. Our '96 tops out at like 90.

My dad has the same truck in black

Put a lift on it and a new exhaust system. Sounds like a beast. His can go A LOT faster then 90 and i guess that is because it is a 5-speed

He also did more performance increasing things, but i don't know them.

6720_1140847480060_1193610835_30816854_5395336_n.jpg

Got a new truck, Jeep is gone.

Truck on the left is my chase partner's 2004 Trailblazer LT.

Truck on the right is my 2002 Trailblazer LT.

I also have a 2002 Trailblazer (Step dad's/Mom's)

My stepdad pushes that thing to the limits. He was an EMT driver and still has the sticker on it. So if he needs to rush, he is aloud to. So far the top was 115mph while i was with him.

Back
Top Bottom