Gallery: Cases

@Cabbs

How are the temps in that case? seeing that the walls and floor of the case are lined with foam for sound proofing. I was going to buy that case, looked great...but then realized that for a gamer...the temps couldn't be all that good.

With the low-RPM fans I have in it, temps are sub-par. The intake is rather restrictive, meaning that airflow is gonna be cut no matter what fan you put in it. There used to be a HDD cage in front of it, but I removed it and put it in the other cage above the fan to help improve airflow. If you could mod the intake, it would help a lot. If you have a GPU heatsink like mine, all the hot air from the GPU goes to the CPU heatsink before leaving the case. I got a 4-5 degree drop on load just from removing the side panel.

On the flip side, the thing is super-quiet. I wouldn't recommend it for a gaming build though.

Win xp, 256 megs ram, geforce 5000 series (idk which) 2.? cpu
Dubbed CrapBox
compy006.jpg

I found that computer outside of a church and they let me take it, all it needs is a new HDD and i have RAM. It even has an aftermarket HSF.

It has the same specs as my old Emachines minus the yellow motherboard.

With the low-RPM fans I have in it, temps are sub-par. The intake is rather restrictive, meaning that airflow is gonna be cut no matter what fan you put in it. There used to be a HDD cage in front of it, but I removed it and put it in the other cage above the fan to help improve airflow. If you could mod the intake, it would help a lot. If you have a GPU heatsink like mine, all the hot air from the GPU goes to the CPU heatsink before leaving the case. I got a 4-5 degree drop on load just from removing the side panel.

On the flip side, the thing is super-quiet. I wouldn't recommend it for a gaming build though.

thanks for that write up Cabbs. Yeah it doesn't look like a gaming case...but looks cool. I guess like you said, after a couple small mods, you could probably get better temps forsure. Looks great Cabbs...thanks again for the write up :)...very much appreciate it :)

No problem. :D

It's not a gaming case, but it's a good case for a general use PC that doesn't have a hot-running GPU in it.

DOSBox? :)

Hawt. What's that case like for cable management and cooling? :)

Cable management is great as everything can just be put behind the motherboard.

loads of space to work in was one of the best things i noticed

Cooling is great with the top 200mm fan and i did add a side panel dust filter for a side fan.

Cable management is great as everything can just be put behind the motherboard.

loads of space to work in was one of the best things i noticed

Cooling is great with the top 200mm fan and i did add a side panel dust filter for a side fan.

Thanks. I'm trying to decide between this or something less expensive, like the Coolermaster CM-690. They both look great and seem like they would keep everything cool and tidy. Does that big fan ever get noisy?

Back
Top Bottom