What Computer for Children?

Netbooks are not suitable as your primary computer. There's simply too many limitations.

I am just asking, since you talk so badly about netbooks as the primary computer, have you actually tried it or are you just looking at specs and assuming they will be? I've actually tried it and didn't think there was any problem. I used it as my primary (and only) computer for work and home for about 3 months and didn't have any trouble.

I am just asking, since you talk so badly about netbooks as the primary computer, have you actually tried it or are you just looking at specs and assuming they will be? I've actually tried it and didn't think there was any problem. I used it as my primary (and only) computer for work and home for about 3 months and didn't have any trouble.

I'm not talking badly about netbooks. There are certain computers that are built for every application. You need to know the limitations of the computer you're buying.

I didn't say you were talking bad about netbooks in general. I said you were talking bad about netbooks as the primary computer.

You ddin't answer the question either. Did you actually try it or are you basing your opinion on just the specs of the computer?

Again I've actually used one as my primary computer and it worked fine. There were no limitations in what I was trying to do. I used it for both work and personal use.

You ddin't answer the question either. Did you actually try it or are you basing your opinion on just the specs of the computer?

I've had week long trials with both the HP Mini 1000, and the Dell Mini 10v.

Good enough for you?

Try a real netbook---- The Eee PC is the original, or an MSI one, they actually can be used as the primary computer. My friend only has the U100 and he can even play Call of Duty on the thing.

Try a real netbook---- The Eee PC is the original, or an MSI one, they actually can be used as the primary computer. My friend only has the U100 and he can even play Call of Duty on the thing.

These are "real" netbooks. :rolleyes:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mini1000/alt.html

The HP Mini is a convenient alternative to carrying your primary notebook PC everywhere you go. Smaller and more portable than your notebook, it supports your mobile, "always-on" lifestyle.
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/note.../pd.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-10&cs=19&s=dhs

The new Mini 10 & Mini 10v netbooks are everything you want in a mobile companion.

I never trust HP and Dell.
My friend had the ubuntu mini 9 for about 3 days because it was so darn slow.

HP tends to be even worse now.

You are just so full of it.
th_bs.gif

How?

The mini 9 took about 45-50 seconds just to open the browser.
It had like the world's slowest SSD.

I don't give a crap about the Dell Mini 9. If you've ever read my post, you'd know I was referring to the Dell Mini 10v.

Back
Top Bottom