What Computer for Children?

Here's the problem with the netbook - longevity. As the kids grow older, they're going to have to type papers. Papers are hard to type on a tiny keyboard on a netbook.

So I say cheap used desktop. Craigslist could be a good idea.

USB keyboard ftw

So are you going to use an USB adapter for everything? :rolleyes: It's not feasible to use a netbook as your primary computer, no matter how hard you try. You're spending money on these USB adapters when you could be spending it on useful features on a normal computer.

USB keyboard ftw

I am 15, and have no problem typing on my 900a.

Dude, come on. First a USB cd drive, then a usb keyboard...next it'll be a mouse and an external screen. Just buy a desktop or a full sized laptop for God's sake. By the time you get done buying all of this extra sh** for the netbook, you'll be at the price anyways. Netbooks are not for anything intensive; they are for surfing the web in a coffee shop...

Edit: 01001010 beat me to my point..

Like I said, none of these are completely necessary.
I almost always use my netbook nowadays, and I never have anything plugged into it, except maybe the power cord. The keyboard actually isn't bad once you get used to it.

I almost always use my netbook nowadays, and I never have anything plugged into it, except maybe the power cord. The keyboard actually isn't bad once you get used to it.

That's great. Too bad this thread isn't about you.

Haha OK.

Try craigslist, you can find computers pretty cheap there.
It's pretty hard to get one new with that budget.
Also, sometimes Best buy, and other computer stores will have older models in the back for super cheap, just ask. My dad got one for $99 a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom