Random Chit Chat

The stupid hotel said 'high speed internet' but when I got there, I plugged in my netbook, and it asked for a credit card and wanted $13/day for each IP adress.

Not sure why you were surprised. I have never been to a hotel that offers internet service as a complimentary service. There's always a fee associated with everything.

Not much.
My uncle is a school administrator so he had like a week-long meeting, and took my brother and me along.

Actually biloxi was pretty crappy.
The beaches sucked. The hotel was pretty much a huge ripoff, and the photo of the pool on the website had photoshopped the depth markers out, so I had no idea it was only 3.5 feet deep.

LOL no gators there, but they are everywhere in BR.

Not sure why you were surprised. I have never been to a hotel that offers internet service as a complementary service. There's always a fee associated with everything.

I generally stay at the cheap hotels like Holiday inn and stuff, and they all have free wireless.

01001010, I'm really sad now. Your avatars are getting less and less intimidating each time.

Anyways, glad to have you back Foothead.

Not sure why you were surprised. I have never been to a hotel that offers internet service as a complimentary service. There's always a fee associated with everything.

Not much.
My uncle is a school administrator so he had like a week-long meeting, and took my brother and me along.

Actually biloxi was pretty crappy.
The beaches sucked. The hotel was pretty much a huge ripoff, and the photo of the pool on the website had photoshopped the depth markers out, so I had no idea it was only 3.5 feet deep.

LOL no gators there, but they are everywhere in BR.

I generally stay at the cheap hotels like Holiday inn and stuff, and they all have free wireless.

Guess that explains it.

Yeah I stayed at a tent campsite last month, and it had free wireless.

I guess $250/night isn't enough for this place...

This all seems very counter-intuitive to me. I mean, wouldn't a cheap-o hotel offer less free things? (like free WiFi or internet access) Or is it that the expensive hotels figure that if you can afford the room, you can afford to pay for 'net? At any rate, it's pretty darn stupid.

01001010, I'm really sad now. Your avatars are getting less and less intimidating each time.

I agree...The one that was 2 avatars ago was great.

Anyway, I just wanna ask you guys's opinion on this since I really have no idea.
If/when I ever get my gaming rig going, should I use the onboard HD3300 or my X1300 pro? I think the 3300 is a better card, but like I said, I have no idea about the pre-HD series cards.

How so?

This all seems very counter-intuitive to me. I mean, wouldn't a cheap-o hotel offer less free things? (like free WiFi or internet access) Or is it that the expensive hotels figure that if you can afford the room, you can afford to pay for 'net? At any rate, it's pretty darn stupid.

These are the same hotels that usually offer more higher quality amenities. They probably have a stronger, more reliable infrastructure as well. It really depends. Sometimes it's worth it, other times it's not.

Pretty much.
The cheap hotels will use it as some sort of attraction to get people to spontaneously stay there if traveling or something. They always have a HUGE sign for it.

The expensive ones figure that most everyone will reserve early and not really think about it.

It just doesn't look as angry as this one vvvv

lyle_beaker.gif

Back
Top Bottom