CF gets to choose what case I build!!

I see. I didn't know it needed to be movable. I was just suggesting you "attach" the components to the media center itself, as opposed to having a whole seperate unit to sit by or in the media center.

That's okay. I should've specified. I'm changing it in the original post...

In that case, I would recommend a 'themed' case. possibly something with a sports team logo on it.

Because I have no imagination, you are a genius. I didn't even THINK about that. I'm a big football fan, so that is very doable.

If you have an old gaming console, it's always cool to rip out the guts of it and put computer components in it.

None lying around that I can use. Just my PS2 which still works haha.

The other thing I've thought of is like something in a guitar or guitar case shape....it would be a lot of jigsaw work, but still doable.

How 'bout this: I don't know how your media center is, but if it looks like my surround sound, get an old speaker "tower" thats large enough to shove the parts in. Rip the speakers and wiring out, put in the computer gear. For example, I have one speaker that's blown out, yet the mesh panel on the front simply pops into and out of place. so you can't see whats behind it in the actual box. would be great for ventalation.

Just another idea :)

How about spreading out all the components on a piece of plywood, breadboard style? You could build a plexiglass top to enclose it if you wanted to.

How about spreading out all the components on a piece of plywood, breadboard style? You could build a plexiglass top to enclose it if you wanted to.

I know this is going way out in left field somewhere, but...

I like this Idea. I could just see a nice wood board about 3' square (or whatever size is required) to mount all the components flat. One problem would be the video display adapter and maybe the power supply. Then have a Plexiglas cover as cboucher suggested.

You have to admit it would be unique. It might be a lot of work though.

Popular Mechanics (I believe, might be pop science) built a desk-puter, and they had a custom built pci cable to lay the video card flat.

hmmm, i was planning on doing this sometime, but you could get a buncha coke cans, cut the top and bottoms of then cut down the side so they'd be all streched out, then like nail, glue or solder together and make a case outta those, the only hard thing would be to make the drive bays and stuff.
good luck

Batmobile is my favorite of the bunch listed above. Looks sick...i wonder if i could actually purchase it??...

v8_mod_2-714597.jpg

Do that one lol

And the VW bus isn't a mod it is was available to buy at Newegg a while back. It was a CM stacker

Back
Top Bottom