CF gets to choose what case I build!!

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Alright, so, I really need a self project this summer. I had originally planned on building a plexi case and decking it out with lights and the whole she-bang, but now I just thought of another idea. So, I'm going to set-up a poll and see what one wins. Pick what you want and I'll probably build what CF wants me to build. I think that I'll focus this computer on being a HTPC...cuz I don't really need another computer for anything else. I've got some random parts lying around so, I figured what the heck; something to stream/store my movies to watch.

Choices I was contemplating:
*Plexi-case

*Wooden case. Something to match my media center so that it blends it. I'll cut it all out, stain it and all that stuff. I'm pretty good with wood (lmao) so I think it would be kinda neat!

*Themed case. I've got a few older cases lying around (old gateway ones that everyone seemed to have in the late 90s/early 2000s). I can paint and all of that stuff, so if someone comes up with something cool, that'd be fine too.

*An "undercover" case. A case that looks like something else. I have no imagination, so idk what this would be, but it could work, too. I'm into music, guitars, cars, racing, and anything tech-y, so it could have something to do with that.

**Case needs to be mobile. As in, not affixed to anything or built in to any large object.

Idk, I just need a project. Let me know what you think. I'm not going to do an actual poll; that's too strict. Just let me know which of the above you like the best, or something I don't even have listed.

Wood probably isn't the smartest idea unless you have good ventilation. However, I'm sure if you used treated / laminated wood, that would reduce the chances of a fire.

I actually think you should go along and make a wooden case. It would look sleek and as you would say it would fit in nicely with your media center.

Wood probably isn't the smartest idea unless you have good ventilation. However, I'm sure if you used treated / laminated wood, that would reduce the chances of a fire.

I actually think you should go along and make a wooden case. It would look sleek and as you would say it would fit in nicely with your media center.

Yup, I thought about heat. So, since it's a media PC, I was thinking about 2 120mms in the back and one in the front to pull air in. I think I would hide it with find mesh and spray paint it dark brown to match. As for the fire part, I was kind of thinking of lining the inside with something that would help prevent the wood from getting hot from direct contact with any components. Possibly metal or some sort...I'm not sure.

Did someone say wood case. . .

Waite Wood - Alexis Wood Case

Yeah, I've seen that before. Mine would be that fancy, and it would be on it's side since it'd be an HTPC.

If you have room you could build the computer "into" the media center. You could make it so that the parts are hidden behind the other things in the media center. Or put fake backers in some of the selves and put the parts behind the fake backs.

build a desk that has the computer in it

If you have room you could build the computer "into" the media center. You could make it so that the parts are hidden behind the other things in the media center. Or put fake backers in some of the selves and put the parts behind the fake backs.

I'm not going to build anything THAT behemoth. It still needs to be movable.

Disguise a PC as a server.

Wouldn't that be slightly pointless? Hahaha.

I'm not going to build anything THAT behemoth. It still needs to be movable.

I see. I didn't know it needed to be movable. I was just suggesting you "attach" the components to the media center itself, as opposed to having a whole seperate unit to sit by or in the media center.

In that case, I would recommend a 'themed' case. Something that will go along with whatever decor you have in your house now. Maybe something 'zen' like or possibly something with a sports team logo on it.

If you have an old gaming console, it's always cool to rip out the guts of it and put computer components in it.

Back
Top Bottom