Graphene= 1 THz processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepzsoduh

In Runtime
check these out
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090708/sc_mcclatchy/3268145

got this out of maximum pc: According to the team of MIT researchers, graphene technology coud pave the way to remarkably fast CPUs racing along at 500 to 1000 GHz! As farfetched as it sounds, the terahertz era may be closer than you think.
First identified in 2004, graphene is a form of pure carbon made up of a one atom thick sheet of carbon atoms. tests performed at the atomic level have shown graphene to be the strongest material ever discovered, but its graphenes electrical properties that hold the most promise. while today's silicon based processors battle with heat dissapation, electrons move around much more freely on graphene, and as a result of this reduced resistance, the substance generayes comparatively little heat.
but low temps are just the beginning ultrafast graphene transistors produce much cleaner electrical signals than silicon, making the material ideal for mobile gadgets, where the technology is most likely to show up first. just dont be suprised if one day soon you look back and snicker at how fast you thought that core i7 processor was.

Re: good prank

Wow, I'm glad i'm not your father. Although it may not be, it seems to me to be pretty fu**ed up.

What...?

You cant just change the topic of a thread like that, no matter how messed up the original message was. IMO, you should have REMOVED your first post and requested a thread lock... not confuse everyone like that.

? no i just edited the prank one out cuz i didnt think you guys would apreciate it like a 12 year old would :)

(check the beginning post)

so today me and my dad were walking around downtown and i decided to mess with him a little. whenever he make a kinda sudden movement i would flinch away from him (like he was abusive). whenever we'd walk by someone i'd do it and they'd like kinda stare a little. one guy even stopped and asked my dad if he was an abusive father.

try this on an adult near you

That's not nice.
My parents will just think I am weird.

You can't change the title. Unless you are an higher power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom