What do we think about this home audio set-up?

To be honest, you should try asking your question on AVSForum.com. Their members keep up on this stuff on a daily basis, and they should be able to take advantage of your budget.

If you don't get any replies, you could always try internet direct companies like Elemental Designs. They offer some great speakers at a decent price.

Whats the power rating on those front speakers? I know you have a sub but you still want something with a bit of power as your fronts

They are 150w. No problem with power...

150W will blow your mind at full volume. My amp is only ~60W per channel (In theory, although it could be more than that). My speakers are 150w, and If I turn the volume knob above four, then its very uncomfortable.

They are 150w. No problem with power...

150W will blow your mind at full volume. My amp is only ~60W per channel (In theory, although it could be more than that). My speakers are 150w, and If I turn the volume knob above four, then its very uncomfortable.

It's all about headroom. You should purchase an amplifier that can safely cover any peaks.

So dont you think my amp is suitable? The most I put it on is 5/10 in terms of volume... As far as I know, it's a high quality amp (Yamaha Natural Sound CR-820), and the speakers are pretty good (Keff Q55's)

It all depends on your setup. If you're not clipping your amplifier, you should be fine.

You know you only use a few watts at a time, right? Speakers can get pretty loud with a few watts at their disposal.

Back
Top Bottom