Raid-0 Error Occurred (0)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

Last night as always I had properly shut down my PC. Today when I turned it back on I got an error in one of my raid 0 HDD. The interesting part is, that I was able to successfully boot into Windows with no problems. I had tried restarting my PC several times hoping for an error to go away, and had unplugged the power for 1-2 minutes to see if it will have any effect. The error is still there, but PC boots with no problems.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/MALOI2006/Bios/DSC00068.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/MALOI2006/Bios/DSC00067.jpg

Here is the SS, the 1st top two HDD are in raid 0, the 3rd one is a single storage. All HDD as you can see are the same model WD6400AAKS 600GB.

All my PC specs are in my sig.

Please Help. Thank you.

+1 on the advice given above. Is there a way of finding out more details of what the error is? An "error" on one drive could really mean anything from the filesystem's slightly corrupted so run chkdsk, or the disk's about to fail! If you're not noticing any other ill effects I'd suspect it was more along the line of the first, but better to back up to be sure.

I had just finished the chkdsk check, and there were 0 problems found. What is my next step?

Have you checked the SMART status of your drives if it's enabled? Do they report any errors or do they all look fine?

I have enabled the "SMART status" in BIOS and im not getting any new msges or anything like that on the bootup

Have you run the diagnostic tool for your drive(s)? It looks like they are Western Digitals, correct? You can try this. Check and make sure I had the right drive selected.

I was able to get help from another forum, and as far as I can see it fixed the problem. here is the solution that he told me to do for anyone that is interested:

"you have to fix it in the intel matrix storage manager
open the program, click view> check advanced
under arrays, array0000, volume, select the volume, rt click and i think there will be a repair or clear fault selection there."

That has removed the the error on the boot up.

"if it boots up it should be ok, and the "error occurred" SHOULD be gone, if not, another error has occurred. i've seen this same thing happen a few times with nothing ever really being wrong. i dont have an explanation for it. you can can do a disk diagnostic on it to see if there are any errors."

You should still run the disk diagnostic like I recommended just to make sure it's not a fluke. Glad you got it fixed (as far as you know) though.

Back
Top Bottom