Favorite web programming language

I think PHP is the Dynamic of the sites

and javascipt the "racy" of the sites

Thank you :)

.NET is ideal for rapid web development. If you are running on a windows platform, its infinitely more scalable than php. PHP's OOP model is still in it's infancy, which greatly decreases the performance of PHP when using objects and defining custom classes. The only problem again is if you aren't running an IIS solution. .NET emulation on a linux platform is a nightmare and a half, and the same goes for Apache on Windows. I think PHP allows you to break too many of the "rules" of a robust language because it is not as strongly typed. If you want to talk about a language in a heterogenous environement, Java is the way to go!

Hmm, All are great choices for the polls.

Mine I would have to say is Perl than javascript than PHP.
I just am more comfortable with Perl than javascript and php.

i said javascript because java is my language of choice and it it is very simmilar to vbs which is my second language of choice.

This seems to have turned into a "what's the best language" thread, and I'm not sure the options here really represent a fair comparison. To start with XML isn't a programming language at all! A language granted, but not a programming language.

Most of the ones listed above are just used for different purposes. If I had to write a database, the ONLY sensible option there is MySQL. If I was using AJAX, I'd HAVE to use Javascript and PHP. Oh and .net refers to a collection of languages not just one.

i think .net is the best

u can do everything by using it
No, you can't do everything in .net You can do a lot of things by using a language such as, say J. Does that mean it's the best? (Google it and then say you'd want to write me an excel clone in it :p)

My point is, different languages have different purposes. Granted, some perform the same functions and then it's down to user preference, but not the ones listed above. My choice of language (or choices as is often the case) would always come down to what one best fits the task in hand :)

Back
Top Bottom