Opinions on Drinking(Not age related)

I kind of get that too, get a bit more talkative I guess. Everyone told me I was hilarious the entire trip. I only drank in the evenings though.

Yeah, the beer tasted like carbonated water, or as I said while drinking it, "This stuff tastes like watered down bullshit." We had Miller light, and Bud light. The Miller was a bit better I thought.

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and how many times have you drank before?

i have never ever had any and i never will
Never say never, you don't have to drink till you're drunk, if you want to have a beer, have a beer. They have malt liquor drinks now that you can't even taste the alcohol in it, like mikes hard lemonade and smirnoff and bacardi flavored drinks, you can't even taste the alcohol in those. And they taste good too, I love mikes hard lemonade....:)

Anyway, I'm just saying don't be afraid to try alcohol if the opportunity should come your way.

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and how many times have you drank before?
18 and 5 or 6 times. Not much, I know. I have sat through AA/NA meetings in the middle of downtown Detroit. Where my friend and I listened to an hour of crazy stories, and then an hour of everyone telling us NOT to ever become what they became.
Every statement I have made in this thread, came from a previous alcoholic.

i used to drink but kinda went off it ive not drunk in a few years im lightweight when it comes to getting drunk 4 beers usually does it.

Thing is, all the stories you hear related to alcohol, like people causing havok, falling over everywhere, etc, is just extreme.
I or no one I know would ever get that bad. Thats whats passed around though.

I'm lightweight, but can still have 4 or so drinks without falling over, and can still talk perfectly normal (even hold a better conversation that I would sober),

So I have NO idea how people get as bad as to not be able to talk/forgetting everything (I've never forgotten anything after a night out, but maybe its just me), falling over, becoming something I'm not, etc.
My minds still there. Its just influenced a bit, causing me to maybe do things I want to do, but can't when I'm always worried, etc in every day life.

So, if you are scared of drinking, even small amounts, because of what you hear, its all intensified dramatically, yet, in the streets in town, you'll see it happening from time to time.

Like last week, I saw some people, and one guy had passed out on the ground. It makes me wonder how much you have to drink to get THAT bad.

Different drinks I guess have different effects on people though.
I tend to drink vodka, but I've had gin before, and mixers with different things, and wine also (since I don't drink much wine, this actually has more of an effect strangely).

I've never been sick after drinking though, EVER, though I'm never physically sick even when ill

Well, you don't hear the extreme stories about people who are addicted, and whatnot, because hardly anyone notices, and the person never does. While we were in the meeting, my friend asked permission to tell his story. Apparently, he had been getting wasted every weekend, smoking pot before school, and again before work. Taking pills when he had the chance, and so on.
So really, those may be the crazies of Detroit, but really, we are no different in our nice rural suburbs of Chicago here.

You can't really blame the drink for that though. People like that have addictive personalities in the first place. The drink/drugs is what they aim for.

If it isn't the drugs/drink, it'd be something else with these types of people.
Addicted to sex, gambling, etc

That is true... but so many people have that addictive gene. My mom was 18 when she was pregnant. Worked in a bar. Didn't know she was prego right away even I bet, and I'm sure she had some things to drink, as I slightly have the "Asian eye" thing going on.

Back
Top Bottom