Screen goes black while installing graphics card drivers...

variablast

Solid State Member
I have windows vista 64 bit. I am trying to install the newest drivers for my graphics card but everytime I try, my screen goes black permanently until I restart my pc and drivers wont install.I've already uninstalled the old drivers. Can anyone tell me whats going on? =[ same thing happens when I try to install the drivers that came with the card...

I have windows vista 64 bit. I am trying to install the newest drivers for my graphics card but everytime I try, my screen goes black permanently until I restart my pc and drivers wont install.I've already uninstalled the old drivers. Can anyone tell me whats going on? =[ same thing happens when I try to install the drivers that came with the card...

Did you make sure to use DriveSweeper?

"Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected."

Code:
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

I have a Radeon HD 4850. I've already uninstalled the old drivers. I didn't use driver sweeper. I just went to programs and click on the drivers and uninstalled.

Also, I tried installing in safe mode, but the installer keeps telling me that it fails to load analyzer and can't install, when I try in safe mode.

I just ran driversweeper and succesfully installed the new drivers! Thanks for your help metin!

Back
Top Bottom