Please Help! Desperate!

peteyboy22

Baseband Member
Hello people of the forum, i'm 15 years old, (don't judge me.. well not yet)

i just got my new disc of ubuntu 9.04 in the mail today, so i was gonna dual boot it with vista on my laptop (no big deal)

ok so i got it dual booted, everthing went fine except ubuntu 9.04 wasn't working right, cpu was 100% the whole time, messed up screen resolution, and it was running at an unusable speed (idk what was wrong with it, and didn't feel like screwing up my computer... did anyway)

so i THOUGHT, i'd load back into vista, and remove the ubuntu partition (35 gigs from a 160 gig hard drive)..

so, i'm in vista, (working perfectly fine) i'm in the disk manager, and i removed my ubuntu partition (aparently i should have researched this first) after i removed it, i restarted my computer and i got an error that said "blah blah blah grub error 22"

so i did something wrong, so please, can someone help me get back into vista!? all my stuff's still there (well just my programs, luckily i put on my files on and external hard drive, for stuff just like this)

please help!

What make and model notebook computer do you have? Do you have a restore disk?

You need a Windows disc that will give you access to the Windows Recovery Console (an XP CD does this, I'm not sure about Vista). Typing the following should fix your problem:

Code:
fixmbr

If you can't get hold of a Windows XP CD, a Windows 98 Startup Disk will allow you to complete the same task, but the command to use would be:

Code:
fdisk /mbr

You have this problem because GRUB was installed to your Master Boot Record, over the top of what was there when you just had Windows. Doing the above will replace the GRUB entries with the correct MBR entries for Windows, allowing you to boot in to your operating system again.

no offence to anyone when i say this.

america needs to learn to just say **** it.

easiest way to fix this problem is to install win xp till win 7 comes out.

say awwwwww **** it im installing xp,vista is bullcrap and screw linux it dosent run half the crap i use.

no offence to anyone when i say this.

america needs to learn to just say **** it.

easiest way to fix this problem is to install win xp till win 7 comes out.

say awwwwww **** it im installing xp,vista is bullcrap and screw linux it dosent run half the crap i use.

:rolleyes:

The easiest way to solve the problem is to do what I said...

my recovery disc was a partition on my hard drive.

and i'd like to wait till windows 7 but i need my computer, plus i don't have enough money to buy it, cuz i'm 15

i have a hq/compaqu persario (more numbers here i forgot, it's the highest one)
2 gigs ram, navida graphics, amd processor

(no clue why ubuntu was slow, i don't have intel)

and i have a hacked xp disc, how do i use that to get back into vista??

oh and i disagree with you justinuspm, i like ubuntu linux a lot, it works great on slow computers, newer version have alot of bugs to be worked out, because it's made to work on EVERY computer, and windows has it easy, they make there operating system, then have the computer companies make the computer fit around it..

and can i can't wait till windows 7, i need my computer now

oh, and are you saying i got this error because ubuntu was above vista on the boot list?

ok, i did some reasearch, i downloaded Super Grub Disk, to restore the vista bootloader, it's in my computer now, i just don't know what to do next, if you want, i can take a pic of my computer and post it online, so you guys can help me out

super grub disk worked!!

well xp is still the world leader in operation systems. look at all the problems vista has and how many people dont like it i refuse to use it.i wont buy a computer if it has vista and linux i have tried and i dident like it all the programs i tried wouldn't work. i am waiting for win 7 to come out im running the beta on my gateway profile 5.5.

Back
Top Bottom