I got 'caught' Plagiarizing?

an ya it was a group effort type paper, we each did 2 pages an put it together to get 6 pages for the paper
Fair enough, I didn't get that impression to start with and that does make things better from your angle. If you can explain and show that it was only one guy in your group responsible, and you weren't aware of this and didn't have anything to do with it, you might be able to get that single guy's mark knocked down and out without affecting yours too much (i.e. you could request that you were marked for your individual contribution rather than as a whole group.)

Is the teacher aware of the format the group work took, i.e. that the plagarised part was only submitted by one person?

Go see her in person when you get back. If you really are completely innocent and you really were thinking "WTF?" when you were accused of this, you will seem it when you see her.

She said the info was pulled "word for word". Therefore, whoever wrote pages 3-5, whether it was you or a group member, clearly plagiarized their work. End of story.

If it was you, stop trying to get out of it and start apologizing. There is no way you could accidentally copy 2 pages word for word.

If it was someone else, get the teacher to take the blame out on them and hopefully your part of the project will still receive a good grade.

an ya it was a group effort type paper, we each did 2 pages an put it together to get 6 pages for the paper
Interesting. One would think that you would proof read it before turning it in to avoid potential problems such as this. Consider yourself lucky she didn't scrap the entire thing.

ya, shes gunna punnish the kid that did it, not me, and i didnt have time to read over the whole thing, i dont always have time to proof read everything that i turn in at school, um not like some people that go to college and do nothing but go to class an party, um lucky enough to have enough time to get 4 hours of sleep daily between work, class, house work, and homework/study ect.

Back
Top Bottom