Is this Tower enough to keep my system cool?

Baku

Baseband Member
http://www.techspot.com/review/165-coolermaster-haf-922/

it will only have 2 case fans. one in front and one up top

Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
Motherboard ( EVGA X58 SLI Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3-Way SLI PCI-E MB - 3-Way SLI )
Memory ( 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module - Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology )
Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 PCI-Express x16 - 1792MB - Single Card )
Power Supply ( 850 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-850TX Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready )
Processor Cooling ( XIGMATEK Dark Knight 120mm CPU Cooling Fan System - H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology
Optical Drive LG 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )

It should cool pretty fine. The fans are pretty high CFM and they are large if I am not mistaken.

Oh yea, that case is more than enough to keep your system cool. The thing has 1x 140mm fan and 3x 230mm fans. If that doesn't keep your system cool, I don't know what will. :D

Yeah that case will do very well cooling That particular one is the mid tower and comes with the 200 mm front and top exhaust. If I am not mistaking there is another rear exhaust to but I may be thinking of the Full tower HAF.

You can also add another 200mm side fan I believe on that one as well but if you have an aftermarket CPU cooler you might not have enough clearance. I believe you can also substitute the side fan for a couple of 120mm fans.

Oh yea, that case is more than enough to keep your system cool. The thing has 1x 140mm fan and 3x 230mm fans. If that doesn't keep your system cool, I don't know what will. :D
Geez yeah....if it comes with that many fans then it's going to be a friggin' wind tunnel....:D

Beware though, if you've got any dust at all around it's going to be in your computer in no time. You might want to consider getting some filters.

Geez yeah....if it comes with that many fans then it's going to be a friggin' wind tunnel....:D

Beware though, if you've got any dust at all around it's going to be in your computer in no time. You might want to consider getting some filters.

my tower (1200) came with its own filters, and iv had the case for about, probably 3 months now and about every couple weeks i just clean the filters an its good as new agian, and i still have no dust in my tower ;)

what kind of filters should I get, where can I get them? Easy to install?

Filters do a nice job keeping the inside clean of dust, but they really cut down on the airflow. You would be better off just doing a regular cleaning than using aftermarket fan filters.

also, if u have a very high amount of CFM a min for your case, and u use filters, it will decrees your air flow like rooster said, although with that case, i doubt that it will really bother with heat built up because that case kinda has 'over kill' for fans in the first place

Back
Top Bottom