New GFX question

NismoR34

Solid State Member
Im wondering what I should upgrade too, My wife and I play World of Warcraft and it runs good on this comp, The comp is almost brand new. Now Good isn't well..good enough, I want it to run great. What should I get?

I have a Dell Inspiron 531S
Got it about 3 months ago.
Comp is still stock

the important specs are:
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 3006MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Anty ideas?

With a slimline PC, you are looking at half-height cards. The first thing I would upgrade is the GPU, but I don't know how far you can expand with the limitations of that computer.

You won't need much of a GPU to run WoW however.

Well honestly, Dell's don't really give you room to upgrade. I'll go and check it out but i highly doubt your gonna be able to do much of anything. As a matter of fact, its not just Dell, its most mass manufactured computers.

----------Chris----------

well to specify what i wanna fix, now im not that knowledgable of this stuff but I do believe it is called FPS lag, ill be in a more graphic intensive area and the smotheness of the game gets choppy sometimes just a tad, then I look down at the ground in game and it clears till i look back up again, and sometimes its really bad.

Sweet man, thanks I am going to order it right now, sounds like it will do the trick. I appreciate the help, you guys always do me right!

Back
Top Bottom