disable hibernation on toshiba laptop?

Ya, go into the add/remove programs (in the control panel) and remove the program from the list. XP will have no choice but to take over.

Also, there is probably a check box somewhere in the Toshiba Pwr Mng Util that will let you check/uncheck it to use it or XP's version. You could look around for it.

OK...did the uninstall,worked like a charm.Was a little reluctant until you said that the MS XP would take it's place.The XP Power management has probably 5x as many options and categories.

Why would Toshiba install their own utility anyway?

BTW,I searched the Toshiba Power Management to see if there was an option not to use it (a thorough search took about a minute and a half)...no option to be found.

Usually it's because of support - they can install their same power management software on all their products, then the flowcharts they give to people on the helpdesk in some far off country can be pretty much the same, regardless of OS or spec. Damn annoying to everyone but them, but hey if it makes their lives easier, they'll go for it!

I guess that makes sense(not).If they bundle the product with superior software,that is universally used,why disable it to install your own inferior software? It just made me hesitate as far as wanting to unistall their software.I figured there would be a sound reason.

Back
Top Bottom