I got 'caught' Plagiarizing?

Alright, people, stop ripping him. He didn't write this for a damn grade, he wrote it to get a point across.

Who gives a crap if it was poorly written, if you don't like bad grammar or spelling, get the hell off of the internet.

Alright, people, stop ripping him. He didn't write this for a damn grade, he wrote it to get a point across.

Who gives a crap if it was poorly written, if you don't like bad grammar or spelling, get the hell off of the internet.

You can't really get a point across if your email sounds like something a 4th grader wrote. A 4th grader who hasn't been taught proper sentence structure.

I'm sure his professor will, as you put it, give a crap.

Bad grammar and spelling doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I am sure it will bother his professor quite a bit.

Woah. Calm it. My above post was a cross post with his reply, I would've taken a slightly different line if I'd seen it before. OK what's done is done, and perhaps he shouldn't have been slated quite as much as he has. BUT the point still stands that the fact it was poorly written won't have gone down well and might have inflicted the chances of seeing a timely, good resolution to the problem. I'm afraid that's just the way it works, we're only stating facts, and not everyone seems to like them, but facts they are. The issue isn't that you need to write properly 24/7 but that there is a time and a place where it does matter, and this is definitely one situation where it will!

As I said above, my advice now would be to organise a meeting where you can discuss the issues face to face and try and sort things out. As long as you are innocent then it's usually something that can be sorted with explanation and proof, coincidences do occur and if you typed something that was vaguely like something else already on the net some stricter teachers can and will pick up on it.

Again, good luck with getting it sorted out.

I'm noticing a strange coincidence where the people who think that the spelling and grammar don't matter have not yet been put into a college environment. The people who are on him for the (at least MOST of them) have been are are in a college environment so they know whats up. I'd listen to J (hell if I know binary) and Thelis on this one. They know what they are talking about, and have real world experience to back them up. You guys don't.

I'm noticing a strange coincidence where the people who think that the spelling and grammar don't matter have not yet been put into a college environment. The people who are on him for the (at least MOST of them) have been are are in a college environment so they know whats up. I'd listen to J (hell if I know binary) and Thelis on this one. They know what they are talking about, and have real world experience to back them up. You guys don't.

I too have college experience. I took college classes full time for 1 1/2 years in high school. My college teachers/professors HATED poor grammar and spelling and graded appropriately when they encountered it. A lot of my classes were online and no one would use punctuation or uppercase anything during discussions; a lot of them did not do so well by the time the class ended. This is why I always try and type consciously. It makes you look more intelligent and believable.

so, my teacher responds....

Matt:
I understand your concern and I thank you for your message. I do not know who plagiarized what part of the paper. Since you were not in class when the paper was returned, I will share some info with you. The plagiarism involved pages 3 through 5 and included word-for-word information from Fortune.com, money.com, cnn.com, entrepreneur.com and thinkexist.com. without in text citations or references. In the meantime, the paper was edited and resubmitted by ****. I am in the process of grading the paper and the grade will be available on tracker tomorrow morning.

I will hold onto the paper and you are welcome to visit me (Room 405) to see which part of the paper was plagiarized.

Enjoy your vacation!

Mis ****

~~~~~~~
and she doesn't care about structure,
atleast my buddy backed us up.

If someone pulled this shit at my university they would be expelled faster then they could open their mouth.

First off, if you are being honest about not being the one to do it, who was the complete dumba** in your group who had sh** for brains and was dumb enough to copy word-for-word from any of those sites?

an i personally do not think that you should be judged by how u spell, you should be judged on what you know and how good you are in your field, but i know theres always gunna say...but.....but...but.... so w/e

Here's the "but..but..but" so you can say "w/e" if you like but a person's intelligence is reflected highly in his communication skills.

I don't know how you expected sympathy. The truth is, you may have plagiarized without knowing it. There are very specific guidelines one must follow in order to avoid plagiarizing. I know this because I've gone over it with my professors on numerous occasions. You should have reconsidered sending an e-mail, especially if writing skills are not your forte. Plagiarizing is one of the worst things you can be caught with in an educational institution such as the one you're attending and should be taken more seriously. Yet, this is also why I find it strange that you were not contacted in the first place and had to hear it from "partners". For this reason I suspect that it's probably not what you think. My advice, since you are leaving and most likely can't visit your lecturer in person is to call her during her office hours to talk about the issue.

wow, u guys are ridiculous, seriously, thanks, surely made me feel much better, and i do not have professors, there called teachers.

They are called teachers in high school. College teachers are called professors.

and i did not paraphrase anything,

i did not even read up on anything to do with Jobs, at all, it was just all knowledge that i knew personally

Your professor seems to disagree.

The knowledge must have came from somewhere. It is your own fault that you did not put it into your own words and/or did not cite it.

an i personally do not think that you should be judged by how u spell, you should be judged on what you know and how good you are in your field, but i know theres always gunna say...but.....but...but.... so w/e

You can be an absolute genius, but if you do not take the time or the effort to make yourself understood; no one is going to take you seriously.

sory, just not inna good kinda mood. (yes i will type in crap lingo just to upset everyone that thinks you hafto type in perfect grammar 24.7

Stuff like this loses your respect on this forum

Here's the "but..but..but" so you can say "w/e" if you like but a person's intelligence is reflected highly in his communication skills.

I don't know how you expected sympathy. The truth is, you may have plagiarized without knowing it. There are very specific guidelines one must follow in order to avoid plagiarizing. I know this because I've gone over it with my professors on numerous occasions. You should have reconsidered sending an e-mail, especially if writing skills are not your forte. Plagiarizing is one of the worst things you can be caught with in an educational institution such as the one you're attending and should be taken more seriously. Yet, this is also why I find it strange that you were not contacted in the first place and had to hear it from "partners". For this reason I suspect that it's probably not what you think. My advice, since you are leaving and most likely can't visit your lecturer in person is to call her during her office hours to talk about the issue.

+1 this post is relevant to my interests

Back
Top Bottom