Which Free Edition of Anti-Virus/Spyware Software Should I Use?

Equinox1354

In Runtime
I need help picking out the best anti-virus and spyware software. I used AVG, it was good, but it would run random scans every day without me telling it to and has stupid Google Link Checker thing which also slows Firefox down. Ad-Aware is useful but it slows down my PC also.

Any suggestions for free, fast, and super easy-to-use software? Thanks! :)

Avast for A/V
MBAM for Spyware/Malware
CCleaner for Registry/Windows cleaning.

It's what I use the most on my computer, and it all works wonderful. Never had a virus on any of the computers I use these on.

You could also use SpyBot S&D if you want, but MBAM usually is all you need.

I prefer AVG for antivirus and spybot for spyware. Any decent, reputable software should do the trick though.

I prefer AVG for antivirus and spybot for spyware. Any decent, reputable software should do the trick though.

Yeah, except Norton and McAfee. Which are sh** and over-advertised and promoted. I've uninstalled Norton and McAfee so many times on my customers' computers and installed Avast, it's not even funny. Happy to say, they've all been virus free since.

AVG is all I use. I've been using it for years without any problems. I'll also do an occasional scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy and/or Ad-Aware Free

It's really not that hard to set AVG to scan when you want it to. By default, it's set to scan at 12:00 PM every day. You can also disable the link scanner, or chose not to install it during the installation.

I need help picking out the best anti-virus and spyware software. I used AVG, it was good, but it would run random scans every day without me telling it to and has stupid Google Link Checker thing which also slows Firefox down

AVG is the best Anti-Virus software I've used.

1) In Settings (not that hard to find), there are options about automatic scanning, and you can switch that off...
2) You can disable the Google Link Checker too...

For Spyware, I use Spybot

Back
Top Bottom