First Car!

I think as far as the repairs go it'll really depend on how mechanically minded you are.

if you think that you can do the repairs yourself, or want to get into doing the repairs then why not just get it? $400 for a truck can't really be sniffed at! -but you'll still have to chuck a load of money at it getting it properly roadworthy...

and if you get to learn a lot about repairing your own car along the way then why not...

on the other hand, if you're not mechanically minded, and don't want to learn then you'll be in for a lot of expensive garage repair bills! in that case I'd just walk away from it!
take the $400 that you'd have spent on the truck, and save up the extra money that you'd have spent fixing it up and spend the whole amount on a vehicle that doesn't need a lot of expensive repairs.

Yes, he swapped in a deisel engine back in 2000.
And yeah, I'd probably try fixing it myself, but theres only one thing standing in the way now:

.........I went around to check the mileage this morning. Its sold. After being for sale since last fall. lol :(

Thanks for the insight guys!

Yes, he swapped in a deisel engine back in 2000.
And yeah, I'd probably try fixing it myself, but theres only one thing standing in the way now:

.........I went around to check the mileage this morning. Its sold. After being for sale since last fall. lol :(

Thanks for the insight guys!

Thats fate telling you to wait for and F-150!

Eh, it's an old truck and you're probably going to have $600-$700 in repairs. IMO it's not worth it. The repairs are more than the truck is worth.

If it was a Cummins you should be kicking yourself for the next 30 years.
That's too short. lol, make it a life sentence of kicking. But if it was the Ranger's old diesel in an F-150. Go laugh at the new owner. Cause that little diesel only had like 80 hp, in the turbo model. 60 in the regular diesel.

he TOLD me it was the engine out of a similar year F-250 super duty when I asked. thats all i know and can remember, lol

Back
Top Bottom