Motherboard recommendation?

If you already have the two 9600 GSO cards, you may as well use them. But if you're serious about some SLI goodness, a pair of GTX 260's would be bitchen. They scale extremely well in SLI and perform phenomenally. :D

Don't tempt me! I already spend way too much on computer stuff! I'm sticking with the 9600 GSO cards: I already have them.

I still have to read the motherboard manual. But after looking at the prices and performance your picks are looking real good. I was thinking a quad core would be worth while, but considering the cost difference, a tri core should do just fine.

Yea, that's a nice combo. The AMD Phenom II X4 940 is a great AM2+ processor that overclocks extremely well.

You got me there, I didn't think to look at socket AM2+ CPUs. :eek:

Update: I got the stuff from Newegg, so I was busy tonight. Now I need to clear a hard drive from one of my other computers to drop in this one and fire it up. Anyway, this is how far I got tonight:

AMD.jpg

(sorry for the lousy snapshot)

god... i really wanna crossfire now....with all these threads of WC and CF i feel so out dated with my single card and stock HSF....

just dont have the money to do anything, sucks :(

i really wanna crossfire 2 4890 toxics, get a SSD for my primary drive, get a v8HSF and oc, get a larger PSU to support my CF idea, and a new board ofcourse... :((

Back
Top Bottom