Looking for a budget laptop

dangerousbeme

In Runtime
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a fairly cheap laptop. I would use it mostly for schoolwork, to browse the internet on, and to take with me while traveling. I don't plan to game on it or run many intensive applications.

I'd like to spend $500-$600. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's not meant to be your primary notebook.

Perhaps not but....

dangerousbeme said:
I'm looking to purchase a fairly cheap laptop. I would use it mostly for schoolwork, to browse the internet on, and to take with me while traveling. I don't plan to game on it or run many intensive applications.

...it fits his description of doing schoolwork (ie: browsing, word processing), its super easy to travel with, and he's not gaming on it.

Plus for 3 months it was my only computer and I only got rid of it because I got a desktop that ran a lot faster.

Perhaps not but....

...it fits his description of doing schoolwork (ie: browsing, word processing), its super easy to travel with, and he's not gaming on it.

Plus for 3 months it was my only computer and I only got rid of it because I got a desktop that ran a lot faster.

The netbook uses a condensed keyboard, so I don't recommend it for daily word processing.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'condensed'. It is just smaller in size. I had no problem typing on it...

All I was saying is that it is an option for the original poster to consider. I liked mine and had a good experience with it. It fits the description of what he wants and is well within his budget.

It's just one of many options for him/her to consider.

The Aspire One's keyboard isn't up to par for serious word processing. I got frustrated typing on my friends so easily. There is no way you can type normally on them unless you type with only two fingers, which is totally impractical.
I don't really think netbooks are that great for anything really, other than some occasional web surfing maybe right by your TV or something. Definitely not for a primary notebook; far too tedious. Anything smaller than 14' laptops have uncomfortable keyboards; from my experience anyway.

The Studio 15s are nice, haven't touched one myself but mostly positive reviews from CNET and other hardware reviewing sites.

Back
Top Bottom