router recommendations

whats the point of making 1 gbps routers then ???? no one has that fast internet do they?

A gigabit wireless router allows you to connect to anything else on your local network at higher speed. If you internet access is 6 megabit, which is fast, you are only going to use a fraction of the routers capability. But, if you want to transfer files from your notebook computer with (gigabit wireless-N) to a computer on your home network with a gigabit network adapter, you can do so at high speed, using that gigabit capability.

oooooo so like if you were having a LAN party or something then you would connect with the other people at higher speeds depending on your router?

oooooo so like if you were having a LAN party or something then you would connect with the other people at higher speeds depending on your router?

If you are using the wireless router to connect to the local network.

Seriously pepz, if you are looking for one with N, go with the one I suggested. It's freakin' amazing. I think it'd suit you just fine.

ok, but i'm going to wait a while before getting it as i'm saving up for a new build, thanks to all you guys 4 helpin me

Back
Top Bottom