new budget computer

Air

In Runtime
i'm a noob and i'm gonna ask for some help. i want to build a simple computer for simple office stuff and emails. i have read many other threads on building computers and processors, but i just can't make up my mind on what to get. intel or amd? processor speed? i just need the help of a couple experienced people to guide me in the right direction. help is very appreciated. thanks.

EDIT: btw i can spend like $500, but im looking to go cheap and simple
EDIT: while im siting here i'll give you some backround. the computer is actually for my mom, so the most powerful things it will be doing will probably be sending an email or watching a youtube video. her old computer is like a 2001 sony vaio with a pentium 4 (don't know the specs), the only reason she wants a new one is because its so slow; it takes like 10 to 15 minutes to boot and like 10 to open microsoft word.

thanks for the input.

i'm almost wondering if i should just get a netbook.

i'm a noob and i'm gonna ask for some help. i want to build a simple computer for simple office stuff and emails. i have read many other threads on building computers and processors, but i just can't make up my mind on what to get. intel or amd? processor speed? i just need the help of a couple experienced people to guide me in the right direction. help is very appreciated. thanks.

ok first you had to do is to think what is your computer is for.....or what would be the main function of your computer (is it for gaming or just for office or some sort of engineering/video editing stuff)

AMD processor is designed for gaming while Intel is designed for both..
i wouldn't tell you the brands but u need to consider most is the specs of the PC ur gonna buy....

you should check this site i think it would help....

http://www.thetechlounge.com/article/317/HighEnd-DIY-Computer-Buyers-Guide/

ok first you had to do is to think what is your computer is for.....or what would be the main function of your computer (is it for gaming or just for office or some sort of engineering/video editing stuff)

He listed his main objectives in the first post.

i'm a noob and i'm gonna ask for some help. i want to build a simple computer for simple office stuff and emails.

i edited the original post. my budget is about like $500 but if i can get away with something around $350/400 that'd be great.

thanks for all the help

I would highly recommend a netbook. I'm the tech coordinator at a school and for about 3 months my only computer was a netbook. I was able to run everything I needed to from it. Sure it was a little slow and sure it sucked down the battery quicker, but for just "office" stuff it would be perfect. It will take a little bit to get used to the small screen, but once you do they are great. We bought a whole laptop cart-lab for our elementary students and they really liked them.

I used the Acer Aspire One 9. They now have the 10 out which is a slightly bigger screen and it runs faster. They are worth the $200-$400 and they are so light and portable you can take them anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom