UPS Shipping Weight

Computer > Yammy EQ > Carver CT-Seven Pre > Carver TFM-42 TFC AMP >>>> dual Technics 350w >>>> Dual Aiwa 100w's. (<<< CRAP, all specly, but I need mids because my Technics are all bass.)

Yes; Look at your Audio Setups Thread.

I see. Didn't know why I missed that.

Sort of..."pieced" but everything is in good working order. I'm getting two new speakers to replace my desktop Aiwa's. Carver Audio Pre-Amp and Amp. 750 watts RMS per channel. This puppy went for over three grand MSRP in its day. My speakers can't even begin to handle the what the Carver can do.
You'd be surprised. It's sure better than under powering (using that term loosely) your speakers. Heck, if I were into sound reinforcement, JBL Professional would suggest an amplifier that can deliver twice the rated RMS of each of their speakers.

Power Capacity -
800 Watts Continuous Program Power
400 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
Luckily I'm not. Home audio and sound reinforcement are two completely different animals. Regardless of that, it's always nice to have some reserve available for those peaks.

I'm not a terrible big audiophile, but I knew it would get my job done. The largest issue is getting headphones :F. My audio out isn't hooked up on the front panel of my comp and besides that, it's too quiet. There are no 3.5mm jacks on the carver, so I have to convert Phono to 3.5mm. It's a pitfa because I have to turn up the volume ALOT and then it gets all crackly.

The largest issue is getting headphones :F. My audio out isn't hooked up on the front panel of my comp and besides that, it's too quiet. There are no 3.5mm jacks on the carver, so I have to convert Phono to 3.5mm. It's a pitfa because I have to turn up the volume ALOT and then it gets all crackly.

For your headphones?

Yeah. It's a converter. I think the socket is called "phono" or "phones" :S. Just takes it down to 3.5mm so I can plug in my short-corded, crappy quality headphones when everyone is in bed at...1AM.

Just invest in some decent $40 headphones with a TRS adapter/connector. I know Amazon.com has a few available. I just might purchase some in the future to make use of that output.

Any money I get goes towards lunch for the crew. Plus I use my headphones very little as most of the time everyone in the house is up until 12am, anyways. Oh, and is the port called TRS?

Oh, and is the port called TRS?

That's just the name for the general design. I guess the correct term would be 1/4 (6.3mm) jack.

Here's what everything currently looks like. Audiophiles roaming this forum are probably screaming their heads off at how my speakers are arranged. :D

IMG_4297-1.jpg

IMG_4316-1.jpg

I still need to find a use for that center speaker. I originally traded it off to a good friend to purchase the subwoofer, but he ended up returning it back. Don't feel like purchasing another amplifier just to power that thing.

Back
Top Bottom