2nd hdd

Sedah

In Runtime
hey guys/gals, i jus purchased a 2nd hdd for my rig and was wondering, how can I transfer my programs and documents/pictures to it? if i transfer programs to the new drive will they still work properly? or do I have to re-install them all?

im partitioning the new hdd to 2 "D" and "E" and like the programs to be on the "D" drive and the documents/pictures to "E" drive.

thnx in advance

I believe you have to reinstall the programs, but copy the .exe's to the e drive encase of a crash you wont have to download them again.

It would be best to uninstall any games or apps from your main drive, then reinstall them to the new drive to avoid any potential registry problems. It's simple enough to copy/paste your docs and pics to a folder on the new drive.

If you're looking to have like the default My documents folder onthe new drive, right click the My Documents folder on the start menu and click properties. Then click on the location tab and path out where you want everything to go. It will move all of your stuff and you won't need to worry about things not looking in the right place for music, pictures etc.

In xp and vista it is. I've done it a few times and have yet to have any issues. Both Itunes and WMP stayed sync with the music and everything too.

In xp and vista it is. I've done it a few times and have yet to have any issues. Both Itunes and WMP stayed sync with the music and everything too.

awesome really? so I wont need to do any uninstall or anything? and so will all the files that i want on the new drive be removed on the 1st hdd then?

Programs you cannot do that with, only your my documents folder. If my memory serves me right, I think it asks if you want to keep a copy at both locations but if not it should just delete the files at the old location.

Programs you cannot do that with, only your my documents folder. If my memory serves me right, I think it asks if you want to keep a copy at both locations but if not it should just delete the files at the old location.

okay so thats jus w/ documents and pictures/music? so imma have to do uninstall of the programs that I want?

Back
Top Bottom