2.4 GHz vz 2.8 Dual core

Melei

Beta member
If I have dual Nvidia GTX 260 graphics cards in my laptop, how much of a difference will it make if I have a 2.4 Dual core or a 2.8 Dual core on my system? Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't think that you can have two 260 in SLi in a laptop atm........

It will have a performance increase, but nothing to significant.

Hmm... Why wouldn't it be worth buying? I couldnt really find anywhere else to get Dual GTX 260's but from Alienware... and I'm not worried at all about battery life since I'll be plugged in most of the time... any alternatives to alienware that would be just as efficient and alot more affordable though? And I was also wondering how much more effective 1333 MHz RAM is than standard RAM.

In my opinion, it would be better to build or buy a desktop if you want that kind of performance. That would give you more versatility. You wouldn't be locked to the hardware, you could change individual components. Also, you are likely to pay less for a desktop of the same performance.

Of course, if you need the portability and the performance and are willing to pay for it, then don't let anyone stop you. Just consider your options carefully.

yeh desktops wud b cheaper than a laptop, since u cnt rlly build a laptop nd desktops specially if u build it yourself. Alienware r good, but some times a bit pricey, but (for a laptop) with that spec u cant complain : )

Back
Top Bottom