Sat

whats a GED?????

General Educational Development Test (GED)

i cant remember what my scores were but i know i was in the top 5% in my town and i finished before everyone else by like 10-15 mins XD the teachers thought i just guessed at first till my score came out =P

edit: Real quick my 2 cents. Standardized testing is a load of bull. I know many talented people who perform at excellent levels in school, however they're incapable of high test scores. I consider myself one those. As a quick example: I have 103% in my Calc2 class, clearly destroying it, but I can't even get a perfect on ACT/SAT middle school level math. It's absurd.

QFT.

Stardarized tests and the no child left behind act is a TOTAL waste of time. I have had a 4.0+ GPA since 7th grade and finished out my senior year of high school with like a 4.023 or something like that.

I got a 27 on my ACT. Now, that's really good, but I had people with B averages (3.0 GPAs) get 28s, 29s, and 30s. These tests do NOT predict how much you know or how educated or smart you are. There are too many variables. I am not a nervous test taker, but I'm not speedy, and that's my problem. There were so many problems that I didn't answer on the ACT that it was ridiculous. But at the same time, to get a score that high while leaving lots of blanks makes me feel good. At the end of the day, it's just a frickin' number, but it's total BS that colleges use that and the SAT to determine if you can get scholarships or even ACCEPTED.

I'm glad you do, because I didn't even know there was a test called the ACT before you asked.

LMAO. That's funny. Here in the Midwest where I live (Dakotas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin) most students only take the ACT. It just depends on where you live. Just another stupid thing about standardized tests....there's not even a standard standardized test! LMAO!

LMAO. That's funny. Here in the Midwest where I live (Dakotas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin) most students only take the ACT. It just depends on where you live. Just another stupid thing about standardized tests....there's not even a standard standardized test! LMAO!

Schools say they look at ACT and SAT through the same lenses. Here in Kansas, the ACT is also more common. Since I perform better on the ACT than on the SAT, I think I'll just stick with it.

Schools say they look at ACT and SAT through the same lenses. Here in Kansas, the ACT is also more common. Since I perform better on the ACT than on the SAT, I think I'll just stick with it.

The thing I don't get is, if they are supposed to be slightly interchangeable, why does the SAT dock for incorrect answers and the ACT doesn't? I just filled in all the blanks on my ACT since it didn't count against me. I don't think I would do that on the SAT. Ya know? I never did get that...

Pretty low scores, even for a 7th grader. However, your SAT scores don't matter at all if what you say is true. If your dad really did go to Harvard, you will have no trouble getting in.

Pretty low scores, even for a 7th grader. However, your SAT scores don't matter at all if what you say is true. If your dad really did go to Harvard, you will have no trouble getting in.

Those may be low scores, but not for a 7th grader Thelis. Those are very high marks for that grade. I'd say you're the in right track Pep, keep working hard.

Back
Top Bottom