Member Idea

Guest posting is, short and sweet, a really bad idea. The guys are right. Spam of every kind. Abuse like you've never seen in your life. Moderator overload.
Then why should people sign up to post if they can ask with out having to.
Nah! Bad idea...

well is there anything we could do to control spam? like have to a mod accept it b4 its publicly seen
We have enough work on our hands with you guys already.

or ban the i.p. of known spammers
We already do this.

Why push for this? It's simply a bad idea that will do nothing more than create more work and chaos. It seems there are only a select few here that are concerned with 1 post members. If it were a problem, David would have taken care of it long ago.

Members might just use this to ask an embarassing (simple) question that they should already know. (-:.

well i guess its not really a problem but when i need to search or look up a member it comes up with like 800 diff accounts its just kindda annoying and it could be more convenient for people

I just saw your reason for the thread. You can tighten up your search parameter's to get around that.

You find 800 different accounts for one member? I've never had that problem. I usually find the exact member I'm looking for.

I click Search, than Advanced Search, type in their name and blamo! There they are. :D

well i guess its not really a problem but when i need to search or look up a member it comes up with like 800 diff accounts its just kindda annoying and it could be more convenient for people

yeah i can't say that has ever happened to me...and as a mod i do quite a lot of member searches. Maybe you are doing it wrong

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself Lowndsey. :confused:

To be honest the only one who should/could have a problem with them would be David. I mean it's his database space they take up.

There really isn't anything bad about them.

I guess just being able to ask a simple question with out sign up hassle would be nice in theory. But really ONLY nice, in the theory.

It could and probably would lead to a lot of spam.

Back
Top Bottom