Should I go to windows 7?

Bob94571

In Runtime
Should I go to windows 7? NEED HELP PLEASE (UPDATED)

Well I have been on XP forever and never even wanted to think about trying vista from what I heard about it, but I heard the 7 beta is better than vista. I am a gamer I play bf2 css cod4 stuff like that... are these games going to have problems running?

I wanna get the 64Bit version because I wanna get full use out of my RAM.

So should I upgrade?

not the best idea. it will probably not work with all your hardware(drivers and whatnot) if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

there won't be a choice when support for xp finishes it will be a choice between vista and windows 7

if that's all you wish to do, i guess upgrading is not a bad idea but those folks who run tons of applications and do some work on their computer should wait a long time before upgrading to windows 7. I love xp because everything just works fine on it.

With the system in your sig, Windows 7 will run very nicely and your games will be very happy for it. It takes up less resources than Vista 64-bit and will better utilize your 4GB of memory.

im getting pretty mixed responses... I guess Ill give it a shot, if it doesnt suit my needs ill go back to xp till 7 has been released... Ill post back when I get it installed

Im not a gamer so cant comment on that, ive got windows 7 on a virtual machine on my mac and im well impressed. I havent had a single issue with it so far, it seems really stable, so if your after a stable OS then get it, cant comment on gaming tho.

Win7 has been great so far. Very stable. The only game that I've had issues with is the Aion beta. But I can't complain because I didn't expect 2 betas to play together nicely.

Back
Top Bottom