Intel i7

Couldn't find the price in the post, so I went on the website and did the same exact setup.
It came out to $3,021......

I don't think he's interested in "cutting down on costs". I'll post links to the best possible rig you could build, but it will be expensive.

But he will save some money and his uncle will see no difference!
It's a win win deal.

Here's what I've got on the pretty much best setup you can buy.

CPU -- Intel I7 975E
Motherboard -- Evga E760 X58 Classified
RAM -- OCZ Reaper HPC PC3-14400 - x2
PSU -- Enermax Galaxy EVO 1200w
Graphics Card (main) -- Evga GTX 285 FTW 2Gb - x3
Graphics Card (Dedicated) -- Evga GeForce 9800GT 512Mb
HDD -- SeaGate Barracuda 7200.12 750Gb/32Mb Cache - x6 (RAID 0/1)

Total of...3,937.85 USD minus shipping. This doesn't include a Case, and fans. (The I7 comes with its own cooling fan, though I'd suggest replacing it.) This is still cheaper than the 4,500 dollar system you originally proposed and would absolutely destroy it in terms of performance.

^ LOL. That's what some people would like to know.

I have a hunch this is all a bunch of hot air.

I have a hunch this is all a bunch of hot air.

I've kinda been thinking this too.
I got this feeling (That tonight's gonna be a good night [The song]) but I have this feeling this is a hoax now.
I mean by the language and slang this guy can't be more then 20's.
Knowing that his uncle probably already knows about this computer, and I am pretty sure the uncle doesn't want him spending this much money.
Rarely do people spend this much money just for show, and in these times it almost never happens, I just don't know anymore.

Can I be ignorant and ask why you would need this along with the triple sli setup you presented?

Thanks!!

That's a dedicated PhysX card to do strictly physX processing. Note that the X58 Classified sports 4 PCI-E 2.0 slots :). 3 for SLI and 1 for a dedicated G92 GPU.

That's a dedicated PhysX card to do strictly physX processing. Note that the X58 Classified sports 4 PCI-E 2.0 slots :). 3 for SLI and 1 for a dedicated G92 GPU.

Why wouldn't you get something better than the 9800?

I mean if you were 'maxing' out everything as you all seem to be doing :)

I Don't remember, But I think you can only use a G92 GPU (8800/9800/GTS 250) as a dedicated PhysX processing card on this board. Plus, you would only be able to fit a single slot card in there with 3 GTX 285's. I'll look up on that and edit this.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=498021

I was incorrect. Seem like almost any card can be used.

I figured the size was the only issue, I'll read into this g92 gpu limitation.

That's pretty awesome though, I love when technology slips by me heh

Why wouldn't you get something better than the 9800?

Just to throw this in too, The other video cards do have some physics processing capabilities. Even if the 9800 can't handle all of it (which I doubt) the tri-sli could easily pick up the slack.

Back
Top Bottom