Fireworks

I have a few bad firework stories.. This is the worst one though:p

4th of July, 2007, 9:30pm:
I had a lot of fireworks, as well as a lot of people at my house to grill and watch said fireworks. My uncle and I were out in my yard shooting them when I light one particular firework that I didn't know what it did, it was a large cylinder called "The Lucky 6 Shot". My whole yard is a a hill, I was at the most level spot but all the fireworks I lit still kept falling over, so I set them on top of an ice cream bucket to steady them...bad idea.

I light The Lucky 6 Shot, it rumbles a little bit and shoots a little ball of light about 3ft in the air, shot #2 rumbles a little more and goes about 10ft, shot #3 starts shaking the cylinder slightly and goes about 20ft, #4 really shakes the cylinder, #5 is rocking the cylinder violently and and going about 50ft. As shot #5 left the cylinder it knocked it over, pointing it toward my house. I think "oh s***", but when there is a little longer delay between shots than I remembered, I begin to think that maybe the last shot was #6. As I walk over to it to pick it up, I hear a really loud "SHHHHOOOOOO......EHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHH" and see a green ball of light that looks to be the size of a basketball screaming toward my house.

I hear people screaming, one of them my dad (who is quite literally screaming like a woman) and as it gets closer I can actually see people running. They can't outrun the firework though, it hits a post on my porch, with a deafining "WHOOOOOOOM-POW", leaving a massive black burn spot on the post. Not surprisingly, my following firework shows didn't have as big a crowd, and the ones that did show up camped out close to the door:p

Nope didnt get hurt but had a pretty good scare. Not physical but my freedom...:D

The police showed up and over half of my fireworks were illegal here. The cop says are you guys shooting those big ones off here and as he was saying it about 5 houses over one of the huge ones goes off so he says hey can you watch my squad car...LMAO he left it right there in front of my house running. So I fought the temptation of taking it for a spin so I could hide the illegal ones in my garage. He comes back a few minutes later and the house he went to continued to fire off big ones without him saying anything so he asks me hey when you gonna light off the big ones so I said as soon as you leave. OBV joking with him but since he didnt go back to the house over there and was just hanging out shooting the shit with us I figured he was cool and it didn't matter much.

So I open the garage and start bringing back out the cool ones and as soon as I do don't you know another cruiser pulls up...LOL so Im like oh great here we go. But they were just joking around with us and watching all the other ones in the neighborhood going off so I was like oh well here we go. So I start lighting off some of the HUGE ones that are illegal here and all the while I got 2 cops sitting with us in the front yard watching us light them off and of course we are all drinking and stuff so yeah it was a pretty weird night.

The funniest thing was the cops radios were constantly saying we have a report of illegal fireworks here and over here and over here and they are sitting in lawn chairs in my front yard just watching us light off our Illegal fireworks laughing with us like man it sucks working on the 4th of july....ROFL

man thats awesome wish i coulda been there you don't get many cool coppers so im glad you got 2 of them in one swoop.
happy belated 4th btw

Nope didnt get hurt but had a pretty good scare. Not physical but my freedom...:D

The police showed up and over half of my fireworks were illegal here. The cop says are you guys shooting those big ones off here and as he was saying it about 5 houses over one of the huge ones goes off so he says hey can you watch my squad car...LMAO he left it right there in front of my house running. So I fought the temptation of taking it for a spin so I could hide the illegal ones in my garage. He comes back a few minutes later and the house he went to continued to fire off big ones without him saying anything so he asks me hey when you gonna light off the big ones so I said as soon as you leave. OBV joking with him but since he didnt go back to the house over there and was just hanging out shooting the shit with us I figured he was cool and it didn't matter much.

So I open the garage and start bringing back out the cool ones and as soon as I do don't you know another cruiser pulls up...LOL so Im like oh great here we go. But they were just joking around with us and watching all the other ones in the neighborhood going off so I was like oh well here we go. So I start lighting off some of the HUGE ones that are illegal here and all the while I got 2 cops sitting with us in the front yard watching us light them off and of course we are all drinking and stuff so yeah it was a pretty weird night.

The funniest thing was the cops radios were constantly saying we have a report of illegal fireworks here and over here and over here and they are sitting in lawn chairs in my front yard just watching us light off our Illegal fireworks laughing with us like man it sucks working on the 4th of july....ROFL

LOL, that is pretty freaking funny! It's not common you find cool cops like that.

Back
Top Bottom