Help me build a gaming pc

Archangel90

Beta member
Hello everyone I am tiring to build a decent gaming computer for my son for graduating college. Problem is that I don't know jack about computer hardware and the people i ask say go buy retail, which is pretty pricey. So a friend of mine suggested that i build form ground up. So if you guys could help me fulfill my promise I made to my son I would really appreciate it. If you could send me links to parts or a shopping list kind of thing that will all come together to make such a machine. I am sure I could find someone to put it all together once I have all the parts. My son only has these simple requests, that it is black case and has green lights and can handle playing crysis and supreme commander at a good frame rate with room for upgrades. I am also willing to send some money through paypal for some assistance in this matter. So to anyone reading this please be my savior and help me build this machine.

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a quick suggestion:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Memory

Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

MSI GeForce GTX 260 896MB Video Card

LG Black 22X DVD+R SATA DVD Burner

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W Power Supply

I couldn't find a decent case with green lights, so I would suggest this case with a green light you can add inside the case:

COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1 - LOGISYS 15" Green Cold Cathode Kit

Total - $705.92

I put this together on the AMD socket AM3 platform. It will be fully upgradeable if needed with a faster CPU, memory and graphics card. It should play his games like Crysis ans Supreme Commander at very good frame rates.

If you need an operating system, I would suggest this: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit. It includes free Windows 7 upgrade coupon.

As for assembling the computer, it's really not that hard and there are many good building tutorials available on the 'net. There are plenty of us here to help you, or you could have your friend help you.

Back
Top Bottom