Phenom II 955 vs i7 920 vs Q9650 in GAMING

The GTX 260's they were using were overclocked. They'll perform on par with a GTX 280 when OC'd and scale much better in SLI than their ATI counterparts do in Crossfire.

The GTX 260's they were using were overclocked. They'll perform on par with a GTX 280 when OC'd and scale much better in SLI than their ATI counterparts do in Crossfire.

ik : / but still, if u over clock ones cards, do the same for the others.

i never have seen a test that had everything equal except what they were testing for.

i hope ATI has a trick up its sleeve for its next family of cards...

EDIT

found this, 4890 CF beats GTX295 in L4D lol...

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/2704/ati_radeon_hd_4890_in_crossfire/index9.html

i like what i see here ":)

I don't think so. The 4890 Crossfire runs better at higher resolutions due to the fact that they have more memory bandwidth available to run at those resolutions. Now, compare them to a GTX 295 SLI setup and all bets are off.

The GTX 295 is flat out faster than a HD 4890. Remember, they are comparing a single GTX 295 against a HD 4890 Crossfire setup. In this case, the single GTX 295 is still the better all around card with the 4890 Crossfire moving ahead in some tests at the ultra high resolutions.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I went with the i7, pretty much because I had the money to spare and I only buy a new computer every 5 years or so..so why not just indulge a bit :p

I have an AMD FX-55 right now, had a Pentium 4 before that, now back to Intel. Ill probley switch back to AMD in another 5 years lol I am the ultimate non-fanboy.

I wonder what AMD will have 5 years from now lol I think the better hyper threading capabilities of the i7 will help me out a bit in the later few years though building up to my next purchase.

I wonder why they didn't run those tests at resolutions that most of us use?
AR, nobody running an HD 4890 CF setup is going to be using a 19" panel. The only point in running such an expensive setup is if you have a big screen.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gtx285sli-hd4890cf.html

As you can see, an HD 4890 CF setup is actually competetive with a GTX 285 SLi setup at resolutions of 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 which is where the performance counts with high end GPUs.

GTX 285 > GTX 275 GTX 275 SLi = GTX 275

Back
Top Bottom