Can I use a Nvidia GeForce 9600 on my laptop?

wretchkiller

Beta member
Here are my laptop specs

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Satellite P205D

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 894MB RAM

I know all that info isn't needed, but I have it all in a folder so I just copied and pasted it. Anyway, I'm a huge WoW fan, but with my current graphics card sometimes my game is a bit laggy. I run anywhere from 15 Frames Per Second, to 25, when all my friends that play are up around 60 or more, one person was even at 97. Now, I know that some of my lag is due to not having a strong enough computer in general, such as not having enough ram, or a better processor. But I asked around, and found out that a big thing that would help get my frame rate up is getting a better graphics card, and I was pointed in the direction of the Nvidia Geforce 9600.

What I want to know is, can I put this graphics card in my laptop? I don't want to spend 80 dollars on the card, then pay for it to be put in, when its not going to work, or just won't fit in my computer. So has anyone done this before, or does anyone know if it can be done? Also, if it can't, or if anyone know's of a better graphics card for what I'm looking for, then please give me some idea's.

Thanks

Nope. In most cases, you cannot upgrade the graphics in a laptop. Most are integrated into the motherboard.

But I asked around, and found out that a big thing that would help get my frame rate up is getting a better graphics card, and I was pointed in the direction of the Nvidia Geforce 9600.

Who told you this?

I think you neglected to mention you were on a laptop.
The graphics are integrated into the motherboard, so there's really nothing in the way of upgrading it.

I know what I posted, I didn't neglect to say I was on a laptop. Thats WHY I made the post, I wanted to see if there were ways to make the game run better ON a laptop. With that being the case, if I were to get a desktop, what would a good graphic card be for me?

If you didn't have to worry about a budget, what would you recommend? I've been looking at some computers that had around 4gigs of ram, 360 gigs of HD space, and around 2.5GHz, though unfortunately thats ALL the info I could find on the computers I looked at. >.>

I go ATi so.....The 4890 is pretty much the best.
If budget was out of the question, I would crossfire 2 4890's.
Now considering budget, Im going to get the 4850x2 for $200 the second my last paycheck clears. Thats pretty much the best card in that price range. The 4870 is also pretty good, but expensive for what it is. Lower budget (about 125) would be the 4830. Very low budget ($70-80) I recommend the 4670. It performs very well and you can do some moderate gaming on it.

EDIT: If you want, we could help you build a computer.

No budget, then the GTX 295 is your card. It's the fastest card available right now. Throw them in SLI for a setup that will run anything you can throw at it and not even break a sweat.

Back
Top Bottom