Ronspc

Daemon Poster
i am buying a new 360 today, but I am caught between which one of these:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65031

^New Falcon chip

or

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74538

Old 360(chance of red ring)

I really dont know which one to get, money is tight with this system, I sure would like to pick up 2 games, because really thats all that seperates these two. Any ideas, should i say forget the 2 games or go for it. There the same price so its like wtf. I know the one that doesnt have games has the new falcon chip in it which reduces heat considerably. What do you think? Take the chance or what?

thats what I was thinking. Eh but then its like gotta hassle with Microsoft.

my cousin red ringed. they told him to keep his HDD and they sent him a new one. he got in 4 days

my cousin red ringed. they told him to keep his HDD and they sent him a new one. he got in 4 days

It depends on where you live, and how much actually got sent in, if there isnt much, then yours will get processed faster.

i am buying a new 360 today, but I am caught between which one of these...

It's really your choice. If you keep it in an properly vented place, you wont get the RROD easily. I know some people that has one like the second one, and they had it for like 2 years, and it still works. Another had it for about 3 years, and dropped it down the stairs about once or twice every 2 weeks during the second year, and it still works till the third year (though I dont recommend doing it).
Most of the time, the people that get the RROD are the people who puts them in poorly ventilated place where it overheats easily, plays the 360 24/7, and/or is an Sony/Nintendo fanboy bashing on the 360.

Get the Xbox 360 Elite Game of the Year Bundle. It's a better deal that includes the games.

If you ever do get the RROD, the RMA process is actually pretty quick and easy. They even send you a prepaid shipping box to send the defective unit back.

alright sounds good thank you all!
I will get the Game of the Year bundle, I wont be playing this 24/7 seeing as I am on the forums about 23/6 lol

Get the new one! I used to fix and sell xbox 360 and the old one breaks down all the time. Microsoft warranty will cover only a certain type of red ring. There are 1,2 and 3 types of red ring. The old type has problem with the cpu, gpu and the memory chip. I believe 3 red rings is a gpu fault. If you get any other rings, microsoft warranty might not cover it.

AR I read the comments on the website from the link i provided. Guy said it was Falcon, who knows tho maybe his wasnt.

Back
Top Bottom