Phenom II 955 vs i7 920 vs Q9650 in GAMING

nicknitro

Solid State Member
I will be running it with a 260GTX and 4gb ram.

Will be used for just gaming.

Been rattling my brain for weeks on which one to actually get.

If you are using it solely for gaming it would be better to go for the Phenom II 955. It seems to excel past the others in gaming. I personally have one and have never been disappointed with its performance at all. The intels can keep up with it at lower resolutions but get beat at higher resolutions. It will be a little cheaper to go for the AMD as well.

If you are using it solely for gaming it would be better to go for the Phenom II 955. It seems to excel past the others in gaming. I personally have one and have never been disappointed with its performance at all. The intels can keep up with it at lower resolutions but get beat at higher resolutions. It will be a little cheaper to go for the AMD as well.

I thought I saw benchmarks that showed the other 2 performing a bit better then the Phenom. I cannot remember where I saw them though.

Also are there any motherboards for the ATI chip that would support Sli, or dual 260's?

I thought I saw benchmarks that showed the other 2 performing a bit better then the Phenom. I cannot remember where I saw them though.

Also are there any motherboards for the ATI chip that would support Sli, or dual 260's?

well it really depends on the whole setup. In gaming the Phenom II performs better but I mean its not Night and day difference but it is cheaper when you factor in the motherboard when comparing it to the I7 because the x58 boards are pretty expensive for the better ones. But if you are comparing the total power of the CPU's the I7 will win.

I would never make a decision based on a Tomshardware article. The have a bad reputation for a reason.

Just look at the test systems. WTF?

EDIT: They even used a 790X /facepalm.

To be honest I didnt realize that they had a bad rep.. are they a fairly biased company towards intel?

It's a little off topci, but why do they have a bad reputation? Something happened?

To be honest I didnt realize that they had a bad rep.. are they a fairly biased company towards intel?

Yes, sometimes their tests are a little unfair but the same goes for any results you look at. One must remember that it's a test and there must be controls in place that won't affect the results apart from the variable being tested. Therefore, always be critical towards what you read.

Back
Top Bottom